Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
It would work, but I would say the tire is a little too wide for that wheel. Might want to find a 15x10 instead.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
I have 47x17x16.5 on 16.5x8.25 rims

·
Registered
487 Posts
You might be able to get away with putting that size of tire on a 15x8 but more than likly it is going to crown. Mount one tire and see but if it where me I would look for a set of 15x10 like JoshH said. You can usually get away with a 4-5" difference between tire and rim size and be safe anything bigger and the tire tends to crown. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Like the guys said above that is probably too wide. I've always been told 4" difference between the wheel width and tire is the max. But if you go with really tall skinny tires you can get away with fudging on that rule a bit.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I have run 18" wide tires on 10" wide wheels no problems looked and performed great. The 8" wheel will help you retain your bead better at lower pressure too. If you have it, go with it.

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
For highway use, i would say find a 10" wide wheel, with the 8"ers you will wear the centers fast. For offroad and trail use, go for it!

·
Registered
148 Posts
With your expertise, what is the biggest tire to put on a 15x8 wheel? I got some 36x14x15 tires.
If you need some 15x10's, I have a set of 4 alum. 589's for sale. They are toyota 6 lug. Some rock rash, but they are an easy fix.
PM me if your interested.
Thanks

·
Registered
525 Posts
like most people say. thats too wide for proper fitting I would'nt go over 12.50 wide the tire will crown wear bad and ride horrible on the road.
Every now and again I work on tires and see this problem. good luck with that wide one!!!

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
I still have those rims if you haven't changed your mind I will get them to you this week.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts