Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you know me, I drive a Blue TJ with the Idaho 4x4 club, with my (recent) wife Linn. I hope to touch your hearts with this thread.

Linn and I have a close friend in Portland who has a 12 year old daughter, Nikolette. Nikolette is suffering from Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia - and has been for ten years! She has gone through many rounds of chemo and radiation therapy. These are not working. Her only remaining option is a bone marrow transplant. She has a donor lined up, now they need to get her cancer into remission (full body radiation) and then do the translant.

As you can imagine this costs lots of money. For that purpose her family has organized a Trust and a series of fund-raising activities (Linn is the Trustee.) While you may not know Nikolette, you can get a feeling for who she is by visiting her website www.curenikolette.org today.

There are several ways you can give $$ to help fund this life saving operation listed on the website. Please consider contributing this holiday season while you can still get a 2005 Tax Deduction for your generosity.

Linn and I will be happy to help you understand the situation more clearly if you would like. Just send me a private message.

Thanks, and Happy Holidays

Ken

·
Registered
385 Posts
Ken,
We'll talk to you guys tonight about our donation. See you then!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hey Ken you may want to suggest a Paypal acct seems to be the best way for donations on the web -- I looked all over for a Paypal link to donate but didnt see one but maybe I missed it......

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PayPal is a good idea. I will pass that on to the folks at COTA. They drive most of the money process.

·
Registered
385 Posts
That is sooo awesome! Hopefully we can help the family if we just keep spreading the word about her.:cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts