Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:rant on:

I went to a steelheads game last night. Free tickets from my work, called up a bro to go with me that I have not seen for years. Had fun, good game, good fight at the end, they won, and it was a good time. Get out to the parking lot and my jeep is gone. Yeah, my jeep was completely gone. There was a sign four/five spots down from where I parked that said it was a private spot, but it was obscured from view. I never saw anything, and absolutely did not try to park in an off limits spot. So I call the number on the sign and they have impounded my jeep for parking in a spot that someone has paid to make available to them 24/7. WTF is that? Its a fawking racket is what it is. HTF can you get your car towed and have to pay for it? $175 to go get it. Total BS. I have no respect for that kind of business and I dont think this is any more esteemed than a common theif. I have completely been taken advantage of and I cannot stand for that kind of business. SHADY SHADY SHADY

:rant off:

So does anyone have contacts with a company called Naylor Glen Towing?
If so can you please help me out. I am not capable of taking care of the $$$ to get MY PROPERTY back from these scam artists.

If you do not, -then please- if ever in need, do not call a tow company for support. Call me and I will come take care of you.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Take a picture and call the cops. If the sign is not easily visible and does not describe the area that you parked in, you can get out of it. If it does describe the area that you are in, you are most likely screwed even if you could not see the sign.

It may not be worth it though to put the time and money into the fight. You would have to claim in small claims court to start it off. Basically, pay the fine, and then file against the towing agency to get a refund.

Pain in the butt.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
You need to get a hold of the lot owner. The towing company is just the messanger they don't own the lot.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got it handled enough to get my jeep back, but I am out $160.00.

Matt - I have already started working on this part. I will take photos and I have a witness that was with me. I contacted the police, but they claim that it is not criminal and they will not get involved. THAT IS WHAT BURNS ME UP. It is a scam and the police turn their head. BS. I do have the # for small claims court, and I will see if it is worth it. I desire to stop this kind of thievery and I know that my little incident is not a large enough incident to spend much time and money on it. HOWEVER, this is a new problem to me and I assure you that I will do everything in my power to rectify this.

As far as the lot, there was no call made to the towing company. The tow company goes out and patrol the spots cause they know that it is a free paycheck. I will contact the lot owner and discuss this, but they really had no part in it. It was soley the work of the towing company. The towing companies can sell this service to everyone. For Gods sake, it does not cost the lot owner anything to have a service like this, the schmucks like me get hit with the tag. I have reviewed this whole scheme in my mind and it is robbery.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
glen naylor towing fucked up my rig once recovering my rig too just because they were asshats and didn't pick me up like they were supposed so I could assist in the recovery. Just do "something" to them to cause 160 bucks worth of damage to their property. That always makes me feel better whistle

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
maybe call one of the local news stations. As little as goes on around here thet might catch their attention

·
Registered
385 Posts
I must say that I agree with all ya all. This is total BS & highway robbery!!! :angryfir: :angryfir: :angryfir: :angryfir:

I would do like Dave suggested & call like channel 6 or go to www.6onyourside.com they are always good about following crap like this. If nothing else maybe it will get them some bad publicity! :mrgreen: Sorry this had to happen to you tho! :banghead:

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
Call Don at channel 6. I didn't know that the towing companies were patroling the lots. I always assumed that it was the lot owners. :banghead:

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Yep, I would hit small claims. I have gone that route before and you can get your money but it takes time. Took me some months.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

1 - 9 of 9 Posts