Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
allusee said:
http://www.wilderness.org/WhereWeWork/Idaho/owyhee.cfm?TopLevel=Owyhee

Here is something to think about..
Nice, Kick the military, and cattle along with all of the outdoors people out of the Owyhee's.................................................................... :angryfir:

That would be just peachy!

And next time you all go out there, make sure not to cross polinate with other weeds :roll:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Thanks Amber for bringing this to our attention.

These articles right here are the reason we need to be PROACTIVE in our clubs & do what we can to get our voices heard as recreationists. This is one of the reasons the State Association was started. We have got to have a voice to stand up to the people who are trying to get our trails & PUBLIC lands shut down! We know there are irresponsible recrationists, but it doesn't mean we should all be punished for their bad behavior. If we can't stand united on this we will surely lose! :angryfir: Just something to think about! whistle

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
email sent:

I was researching land use in my native area and stumbled across your article addressing the Owyhee-Brunea canyonlands.
http://www.wilderness.org/WhereWeWork/Idaho/owyhee.cfm?TopLevel=Owyhee

As a public land use advocate and four wheel drive enthusiast, I was extremely disappointed. The article was supporting the designation of this land as wilderness, which is so disappointing that I had to write to you. Efforts that are explained in this article claim to have a goal to eliminate military usage of this public land and to attempt to disallow off-highway vehicle usage in this area as well.

These are very aggressive goals that will be resisted at all costs. Public land in Idaho is at a premium and must remain available for public usage. Responsible use of these areas is far more productive and meaningful than blocking it off.

Local four wheel drive enthusiasts are in close contact with government officials in this area to designate trails that are to be used for off-higway travel. Specific and precise mapping of these trails has long been a common goal to help protect the landscape in this area that it seems you as well are determined to protect. I invite your Idaho representatives as well as the author of this article to come enjoy the scenery as we do, and experience the meaningful and responsible usage that each member of the public would hope to enjoy.

Nate Davidson
High Desert Off Road Club
Southern Idaho
http://highdesertoff-road.com

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
delivery failure: invalid email address

The links at the bottom of the page are invalid email addresses,

how incredibly irresponsible

:angryfir: :angryfir: :angryfir: :angryfir:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Tried the links and they didn't work. I don't know if it is my computer but I also tried www.wilderness.org and that didn't work either. Anyone else having that problem now?

·
Registered
385 Posts
I tried to click on it & it is not working for me either now. Hmmm... Maybe their server is down? :?

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
its the wilderness club they are overzealos eliteists (man I wish I could spelll) I used to go to their website all the time half lies half truth, the unfortunate thing is they are better orginized and better funded than we are, the good part is that most poeple who actually look into their claims further than what they read do not support them. The links don't work for me but I am sure their tune has not changed :angryfir: :angryfir:

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
This issue has been rearing its head for a while. I have already personally written our Idaho delegation. Of all the responses only Butch Otter stated he was completely against it. The others said they were looking into. Political BS. I know that it doesn't sem like much but if we were to make a form letter and had everyone e-mail or mail it to Idaho's Delegation it would make a difference. Also if you have been in Grandview lately they have a big sign up at the T that says the City of Grandview is publicly against it. There are numerous different groups fighting this right now and they are actually winning. Even in the Frank Church area under new rules they are considering allowing roads. We're making headway we just need more people helping. :banghead:

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
I would LOVE to see the frank church area open up a bit... that country is some of the most beautiful I've seen in the 50 states...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts