Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Untill I give up trying to kill it and put the 400 and Doubler in

Votes: 22 84.6%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this guy Chris that owns Bowmans Transmission and Off Road built this transmission for me on a trailer in MOAB with no new gaskets or clutches just using a junk transmission out of a chevy van. It amazingly worked and I ran Pritchett Canyon the next day. It has been used on Lizard Gulch and at Fun Krawl. For some reason the thing keeps working???? It leaks a little out of the pan but it works. Now this Chris guy thinks it is directly related to his TRANNY building skills:bowdown: . I am unable as a man to take something out that works so I want it to die so I can put my Turbo 400 in.

How long will it last?

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
You need to try harder. Give it to Mikey he can break anything!

·
Registered
303 Posts
since you want it to break it wont but the moment you dont want it to it will.
Or just give it to mikey cause he breaks everything

·
Registered
379 Posts
he knows his trannies..:darn:

·
ITTC Wench!
1,419 Posts
Lehi, you can always go back to Moab and run Hells Revenge again.:p

By the way, Im still working on the video for you.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Allright so Chris's tranny help up to 2HD meatgrinder and Carnage.

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Y'all have hills and little baby mountains out your way...set up a seven (challenging) hill climbs in seven days thing, make sure they're hills worth topping, and never check your dipstick. Between fighting for the last four yards or getting over or 30" wall at the top, along with the leak, you should be able to at least get slippage. That's a good enough reason to pull and sell "as is", right?

As y'all can see on the left hand side of your screen...I'm a newbie. Or is that newby? So...who's this other Mikey? And what's he doing using my name? I've been Mikey for 40+ years and it's always stuck because there wasn't another adult around who wanted an "ey" on their name. And now this? A guy who's capable of melting the R & P of a 14B when it's liquid-full? Jeez...well, at least I learned in the military to not do trannys. I know that much.

-Mikey-

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The transimission is not going to be a seller. The tranny will stay in till it does not work.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Lehi, did you get park working again?

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yea its working right now. its an off and on thing.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well the transmission died after finishing Meat Grinder and X credit. I lost all forward gears. So I was going to rip it out but Chris of Bowmans Transmission and Off-Road has offered to honor the warranty on his transmission. I just think its right since he built it....:bowdown:....on a trailer and all.

No really it is just going to get thrown back together so I can wheel untill I leave.

If you need your tranny rebuilt Chris is the man @ 599-1050:deal:

the picture is the transmission literally smoked.

Attachments

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Chris it really is amazing given the enviornment you assembled it in that is lasted this long especially considering the abuse it has received. If I had to have a transmission rebuilt I would definitely trust you to it.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Chris it really is amazing given the enviornment you assembled it in that is lasted this long especially considering the abuse it has received. If I had to have a transmission rebuilt I would definitely trust you to it.
While I woould like to give Chris all the credit, We all know Super Dave needs to be involved to make it done right.:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Do you fix little, 2WD transaxles, Chris, or just big hairy mountain goat transmissions? My beater Neon transaxle isn't fond of moving in any direction. Obviously I'd R & R and take care of the driving.

When the beater runs again it'll get about 700 miles a week put on it...so I'd like the slushie to be trustworthy.

Please PM me if you do. If not, que sera. I'll get a low mileage junk yard offering and cross my digits instead.

-Mikey-

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well the transmission is back in the Burb and it is up and running again. Also I have evidence that Chris literally does trannies. He was even gentleman enough to take his hat off for the tranny. Picture evidence. After I caught him violating the tranny he didn't want his picture taken and drove off in his jeep.

No Really a big thanks to BTOR - He is definatley the transmission guy to get a hold of.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts