Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Are you able to tell a difference between the two wheeling wise. I know that you never had a problem on the trail in Moab.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 39s did grip a little better but it was because I grooved them. I will get the 42s grooved as sson as possible. 42s take a lot of the driving part of wheeling out of the picture. Just have to point and go. Its different trying to choose the hardest line you can think of instead of just the line you think you might make.

Lets just put it this way.......I wouldnt go back to 39s :smokin:

·
Registered
18 Posts
you got to get some of those 54in swampers then they got to be even better then the 42's if the 42's make that mush of a differnce over the 39's . imagine how much better those 54's would be

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Having wheeled with Cheston a couple of times what he says it true, it was really amazing the lines he could take with the 42s. I now have tire envy

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
you got to get some of those 54in swampers then they got to be even better then the 42's if the 42's make that mush of a differnce over the 39's . imagine how much better those 54's would be

That is a pretty ridiculous statement. I have a hard time with 47s and alloy everything.:rolleyes:

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
UMM, you really thought one ton drivetrain would hold up with 47's and the weight of your rig. Even with alloy shafts...:rolleyes:
Well, considering he has wheeled most of the hard trails around this area, as well as the Resevoir Rocks several times without breaking, I would have to say yes. For god sakes he flogged it at fun crawl without breaking anything last year. He is able to get into the throttle a lot more now though without having to worry much. What broke the front gears was the dreaded "Death Hop".

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Well, considering he has wheeled most of the hard trails around this area, as well as the Resevoir Rocks several times without breaking, I would have to say yes. For god sakes he flogged it at fun crawl without breaking anything last year. He is able to get into the throttle a lot more now though without having to worry much. What broke the front gears was the dreaded "Death Hop".
Thanks for throwing out his resume. I stand corrected. Wheel on pros.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hey Paul,
SRO has been talking about needing some outings this fall and I mentioned your trip to Copper Basin/Wildhorse area west of Mackay. I think I remember you saying you'd be willing to guide a group out that way. If you are you could respond on that thread on SRO.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts