Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
I have wanted to do this since I first saw them about 10 years ago. This has to be as close as it gets to insane behind the wheel.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I think I am too OLD for that sh$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. The budget doesn't allow for all those rolls and carnage. Looks like fun though!!!:D

·
Registered
55 Posts
That is about the sickest stuff I've ever seen. And I keep saying motocross guys are nuts...are you kidding me??? I was wondering what the hell Leroy was building:bowdown:

·
Registered
668 Posts
Leroy is building more of a competion rock/ crawler buggy. These Iceland Jeeps are built more along the lines of Bad Dawg and our Jeep. They run modified big blocks with 2 to 4 hundred horse NOS. They also have no fear of going up stuff they know that they cannot make it up. They build them with the understanding there is a better than 50/50 chance of landing on the top.

If somebody want to sponser us Mark and I would be there.

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
I'm in!:thumb:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Leroy is building more of a competion rock/ crawler buggy. These Iceland Jeeps are built more along the lines of Bad Dawg and our Jeep. They run modified big blocks with 2 to 4 hundred horse NOS. They also have no fear of going up stuff they know that they cannot make it up. They build them with the understanding there is a better than 50/50 chance of landing on the top.

If somebody want to sponser us Mark and I would be there.
Sorry bout my post Glenn. I was kidding about the Leroy part. Knew it wasn't one of those.

But WOW...those Scandanavians are freaking fearless and/or nut jobs. That is truly some of the wildest stuff I've ever seen of 4 wheels. Would need some pretty deep pockets to run a season of Formula 4x4 without a doubt

·
Registered
668 Posts
No need to be sorry Jay, I was just being helpfull. I would definatley race anything Leroy puts together. That guy is an awsome fabricator. Maybe when Pleasant Valley gets rich with the mud racing they can sponser us to go to Iceland.:drive::rotfl::rotfl:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Bad Ass !

·
Registered
466 Posts
I don't know if I would have the juevos to do that. It is amazing how they can go up and across those hills. If they had something like that around here I would definitely go to it. I wonder how many axles and driveshafts they go through in a season, and what type of axles they use.

This is more my speed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdFMtyDh-iI&feature=related

·
Registered
962 Posts
I have entered a few events similar to this on my dirtbike, back in the day. I cannot imagine doing it on 4 wheels, but i would totally do it, it was a blast on my bike and i am sure would be a little more challenging on 4 wheels.:thumb:

·
Registered
962 Posts
Since we did the sprint boat thing last summer, it has been discussed, but still working out the details. Won't be as extreme as you see in these vids, but still pretty crazy and tons of fun.

·
Premium Member
3,809 Posts
WAY too much for this kid... cost and cahones!

would love to watch one however!

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
thats when you buy a stock pickup, cage it and build the motor then when its totaled all you have to do is find another truck for your motor and cage. time consuming but cheaper that route.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts