Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to thank all of you who have or are serving our Country in the Armed Forces!

My family and I appreciate your sacrifices big and small.

Post up if you appreciate your freedom and that you speak English!

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Thats funny there. In all honesty please remember the ones that haven't come home. And the ones of generations past were not as well recieved as us current veterans.

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Well its still 20 to midnite so I salute all who have served you have my respect and my gratitude for doing something for all of us.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Thanks for the kind words....and to my fellow veterans....Thank You for your Service. :thumb:
I echo the thanks for myself and all veterans past present and future. May we never be forgotten or taken for granted.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Last night I was teaching my kids (relax, it wasn't about that) about what Veterans Day meant and we called my 80 something year old Grandpa to ask him about his time in the service. Early 40's. He was stationed in Japan during the Ocupation. He told me how he worked on heavy equipment and if it wasn't worth saving they dumped it all in Tokyo Bay. lol

These older Vets need to be thanked and we need to record their experiences before they are all dead.

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
there is a book called COURAGE IN A SEASON OF WAR.

It is from a LDS point of view, but it just hundred of short stories about WW2 experiences. It was written here in Idaho and most of the guys telling the stories are here local. heck, know many of the guys. Even if you aren't churchy at all, it is still a great book to learn about all the sacrifices made to ensure our freedoms. I highly recomend it!

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
when can I borrow your copy?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts