Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read this on another board thought it was an interesting point of view.

Taxes and Urine test
Like a lot of folks in this state, I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as they see fit. In order to get that paycheck. I am required to pass a random urine test, which I have no problem with.
What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check, because I have to pass one to earn it for them?
Please understand, I have no problem with helping people
get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sit on their butt. Could you imagine how much money the state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance
check.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
if i dont need to pass a randome test, i probly dont wanna do that job...onless it is at my own house and the wife has already told me to do it....quit bitching. be happy you dont move water lines or pick up trash and still worry about what drugs you took lst month.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
AHHH pity party for Trevor....

·
Registered
183 Posts
its true i dont like it when the people who are able to work that get it for there drugs or are just plane flippin lazy and thinks that the world owes them a living.i mean i came down with a blood issue and racked up 85,000 dollars in doc bills and ada county picked it up but i have a job and pay my taxes for people who need help at that time i lost my job and and could not get one till i was better and they helped me out

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
sorry, i missed the government help thing....yeah i concur! there will always be assholes who abuse the system though. they will get what s coming to them soon enough.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Ah! if only more politicians thought like this!

The one that always pisses me off is standing in line at the grocery store and the folks check out and pay with food stamps. And then they check out again and pay for their cigarettes and beer with cash.

I'm pretty frugile with my money and if my family needed assistance I'd surely be willing to give up luxuries to try to pay more of my own way. The whole want versus need thing and what folks think they are entitled to is screwed up in this country.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
People used to do that all the time back home. They sold nickle candy at some of the stores for just that reason. The smallest food stamp is what, $1?

Buy a 0.05 candy and you get 0.95 in real money back. Do that a couple times and you have a 12er and a pack of cigs..... with money that you shoulda used to buy mac and cheese for the kids :darn:

I don't adovcate it, buy why work if you don't have to??

If the government is going to pay for you and your 14 kids, 4x4 truck, 3 Camaroes, 4 wheeler, deluxe trailer house, etc.... why work??? It's not so much them abusing the system as it is the government not putting in rules so they can't. I know tons of people back home that never really had a real tax paying job. All the work they do is under the table and they drive around in that shiny F-350 Powerjoke, huge house, etc.

The urine tests I have had to do outside the Air Force were a joke. They give you a dixie cup and you go into the bathroom. No one watches or anything.

Bring it back, they put a test strip in there and a thermometer. OK. Your good to go.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I like the original thought here. I routinely try not to think about the amount of abuse this system has. We have plenty of jobs that need to be done in this country. Have them work for whatever they recieve. Of course disabilities and things are different, but we say we can't live without illegal labor, here is the work force we have been looking for.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I read this on another board thought it was an interesting point of view.

Taxes and Urine test
Like a lot of folks in this state, I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as they see fit. In order to get that paycheck. I am required to pass a random urine test, which I have no problem with.
What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check, because I have to pass one to earn it for them?
Please understand, I have no problem with helping people
get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sit on their butt. Could you imagine how much money the state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance
check.
Good stuff, I too saw that on another forum, don't remember which, but I copied the pick of the actual article. :thumb:

Oh, BTW found a place in Meridian, off Ustick and Blackcat. Moving up on the 4th.

·
Registered
525 Posts
This is true. They just need to be a little smarter with money and take care of people that really need it!!!!!!!!!!!

No one likes to give up something to someone that can do it for them selves.

Lazyness is not wanted.

To really get somewhere in life you need to put one foot in front of the other!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts