Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a hawk brand tach and was wondering if anyone knows where the wires goe there are 4 wires on it. one yellow i think is for the lights, one black i think is the ground, one blue i have no clue, and one green i believe goes to the distributor. any suggestions would help. thanx

·
Registered
88 Posts
Usually you have your 4 connections of Switched Power, Lights, Ground and trigger.

I would guesstimate that your blue is to a switched power source as your color coding fits the standard for the 3 you have identified. But your results may vary.

Again - it is a guesstimate, I would hate to blow up your tach with incorrect wiring.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so you think the blue would go to a switched power? like a fuse that is on when the motor is running? I took this out of a truck that i istalled it on then sold the truck the guy didn't want it. I should have looked better when i took it out

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
also any help on where to hook it up on a 91 toyota 22re would be helpfull. also is the oil pressure sending unit located under the itake near the oil pan. i have the book for the truck on order but if it doesn't come tommorrow i have to figure it out.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Mine has diff. colors, but on mine the red and white are power black is ground and green goes to the negative on the coil. As for the oil, mine is on the pass. side below the oil filter and in front of the starter. The temp. unit is under the intake. My motor is out of an '88 but should all be the same for the sending units. Good luck

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so with the oil pressure if i just spin in my fitting is this going to mess up my computer? or should i put a tee in there so the light won't go on. how do i know which is negative on the coil? thank you

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so if figured out the tach, tried to put the oil pressure gauge in and succesfully lost 2 of them little brass fittings in the process. and figured out that my oil pressure sending unit doesn't work i unhooked it and the light doesn't come on. o well i guess monday i can go and get a new fitting and put in the oil pressure gauge.

·
Registered
148 Posts
so with the oil pressure if i just spin in my fitting is this going to mess up my computer? or should i put a tee in there so the light won't go on. how do i know which is negative on the coil? thank you
The oil pressure sending unit doesn't go to the computer. Just get some new ferals (little brass things) and go. Just make sure that you don't have a tight bend coming out of the fitting because it could cut the pressure line.
Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts