Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after bombing my toyota into the no balls trail last weekend. I have done a thourough inspection of the damage heres what I found...

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
my pics wont upload.....?

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
so you wheeled so hard that it broke yer camera????

Very Impressive!!!!:flipoff:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ah finally it werks...:thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
here is my plan...I typed up a big reply and my beta IE 7 crashed

the first pic is of my home made crossmember and what it will look like when done....I have a template if anyone needs one

Attachments

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
heres the template

Attachments

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
Sometimes its an issue, sometimes not.....Will the extra load on the back of the case cause any stress issues? I know some people mix and match poly and rubber bushings without thinking ahead. I stock application I would upgrade to poly motor mounts, and run poly mounts at the t-case. But since the leverage point is moved further away from the centerline of the truck, I would use rubber mounts at the new crossmember ends, to allow enough flex, to match the flex of the poly motor mounts. This will reduce the stress on the tranny and t-case.

Hope I wasnt too confusing, sometimes I know what I want to say, just dont know how to say it.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
and I have 2 skid plates...one is a belly plate and the other is a simple cross with a small skid...

my spare trans/t-case was sitting up on end so I could use is as a mock up...I will use longer t-case bolts and shortened suzuki sidekick rear trailing arms with the rubber grommetted ends the ends fit perfect into the c channel that I have to mount onto the inside of the frame rails.. I will drill multiple sets of holes so that I can raise or lower my t-case setup...I will be cutting out the center hump in the floorboards to do a 2" drivetrain lift after I make the raised motor mounts...fan shroud, hoses, and exhaust....

I want to be able to bolt a 1/4 in skidplate onto the bottom of the frame with recessed bolts....none of the stock crap hanging down....besides...body lifts suck

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When It cools down I will do more work to it...damm it's hot...besides cutting and welding.....

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
here's another pic

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,809 Posts
On my '82 I used turbo 350 transmission mount on each side ot the transfer mount next to the frame so that it would be stronger and easily replaced. Dont know if that made any sense...... Looks good and great job fabbin!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts