Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have had some rangers in the past, but i found what i'm going what i going to build. it's a 89 subaru gl trubo w/ the 5spd hi low. well the plans are a 6" lift, 30x 9.50x 15, twin stick it, bumpers. maybe a ej22t swap (wrx). when it starts going i will post build pics. the first pic is mine, the other is someone eles with 6" lift on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
What did they change the hubs to? Subis aren't 6 bolt. One thing you are going to have problems with is RPMs with that big of tires. The Subis need revs. Check some Australian sites. They do a lot of mods like this to them. I had an 81 4wd I totally beat the crap out of for 40k. It was a great car but I hated the 13" tires. I'd put roadhazard on them and I'd never get more than about 5k out of a tire.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
ive been looking in to the ej22 swap and it looks easy to do once i got the parts. and about the rpms for the tires guys run with 28" and spfi and do fine. i'm going to run turbo, mpfi and 30" there is about 20 -30 hp difference between non turbo and turbo. the 6 lug swap is a stock drilled hub, if you pop out two studs across from each other and bolt up the other two to any 6 lug wheel you can drill the four holes for 6 lug or just drill where the pop out studs were you can run 6 lug rims with stock 4 lug subaru pattern

this pic might look familiar to someone on the broad:thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Drive pizza delivery @ night.
See LOTSSA rigs that could be cool, have a roached out two door metro, (picture an El Camino Metro Hybrid) and found a totaled Outback the other day.

Have had many thoughts of a long travel all wheel drive Metro rag top rally cross car.

The wagons have inspired me.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
went to the junkyard today and pick up a hub to test for the 6lug swap, also i picked up a skidplate for the oil pan and exhaust cross pipe.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
here is a pic from this last weekend. it only looks like i'm holding it up.:rotfl:
also i'm picking up a set of tractor tires on subaru rims this weekend, will post pics.:beer:

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts