Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

We are going back to the sand for the 4th of July! I will be leaving after work on the 30th and staying out till Sunday for sure, maybe even Tues. depending on work. I have reserved a few sites at the Desert Oasis campground for the few people I know are going for sure. Just the dry camping spots in the back. I just talked to the lady there and they are filling up quick so get your reservations in now if you want to camp. This is a non-official run. Come out if you can make it, the more the marrier! Bikes, quads, run what ya brung type of trip. If it goes in the sand come join us! Hope to see some of you out. ~Jason~

:beer: :beer: :beer:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hell Yea!!!:thumb:probably wont camp but will definately be there!

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
it will do rocks.......but will it do sand????? hmmmmmmmmmm:drive:

Attachments

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
ok I suck at this re size thing!!!!!

how?????

·
Registered
695 Posts
I wish I could go out there with you again. That really was a blast!!!! But unfortunately I will be in North Dakota from the 29th to the 6th!!!! Unless you need me to hurry back to go out with you on the 6th!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sweet! You going to camp or just come out for the day? Pat is going to have his YZ out as well.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Does it cost money to get on the doons? Can I set up a tent on the sand??

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nate said:
Does it cost money to get on the doons? Can I set up a tent on the sand??
It does not cost anything to run the dunes. No you cannot camp on the actual dunes, where we camp is a large sand lot that is part of a greater campsite, full hook ups for motor homes ect. It costs $12.00 a night to camp where we do. Here is what the campground looks like.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I may come out, I'll have to see what else is going on/if I have $$ for fuel.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
nate.....just go. the sand is amazing out there. make sure you check out choke cherry. i'll give you a case of beer if you get a pic of the jeep on top of it!!

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Actually I was just going to bring the truck. The Jeep is a gutless wonder that will suck balls in the sand.

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
I will give ya another case if ya climb it!!!!!

·
Registered
308 Posts
cannoncrawler said:
I will give ya another case if ya climb it!!!!!
I'll double that if you get a video of it posted climbing to the top of the front side!! :shocked: :shocked:

·
Registered
397 Posts
AJ im proably going on this one give me a call....

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I don't know what Cherrys hill is but I am guessing it's not doable.

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well looks like we may have a few turn out. Like I said we will be in the desert oasis campground so if you are just coming out for the day you can find us there. I have a 2001 Dodge 3/4 ton extended cab diesel and I'll have the cab-over on. The truck is silver and the cab-over is old and I think it is a fleetwood elkhorn. It will have a black car hauler trailer behind it. Pat has a 4 door ford that is brown and he has a small toy hauler desert fox model I believe. So look for us, you can try and call if you need to. My number is 208-243-0567. See ya all out there! ~Jason~

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
nate said:
I don't know what Cherrys hill is but I am guessing it's not doable.

A good number of quads can't climb it......:shocked:

I should never say never....but Yoo da MAN...if you get a anything bigger than a sand rail up it......:drive:

But If I was a betting man....I would say Elsworth Mackinaw Wilson will the the First to go it!!!!:deal: (open and on 31's)!!!!!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

:drive: :drive: :drive:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 39 Posts