Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember:
When we all would get together and go wheeling. Exploring wimpy(as you called them) logging roads and climbing over crap along the way bringing the digi cam taking pics of everything. It was all about getting away from the city and my rig to me was my freedom machine. I had a welder in my garage and we called it "Jims Monster Garage" I would weld, fab or fix just about anything for my friends and If it was a big job I might ask for some $ for some welding supplies, like argon or wire for the wirefeed. In the whole time I was garageing it, I received a total of 45.00 towards the garage...Most times I would be out in the garage welding and fabbing till 3.00 am Helping out my FRIENDS. I did 4 spring overs with mercedes steering arm comversions and the only thing they had to pay for was their mercedse arm, axle perches, a heim joint and their brake lines which they got locally for under 25.00. I will do anything for my friends and if I got burnt well then I got burnt but it wasnt about competetion it wasnt about making $. Just friends who would do anything for each other and well......... It isnt like that anymore. It's all about who is badder or who has a badder rig or you are a pussy because you drive this or that or you didnt do what this other guy did.. BLA BLA ....
Hey I won the 100.00 give away (which I was greateful for) down at the shop and that was cool but the 100.00 was only for labor not parts and I was unable to get what I needed done with out spending an additional 400.00 I have done everything on my rig on my own up to this point for free labor so I cant see spending $$ for labor so I gave away the gift certif ... no biggie !

The way I see it women and men are equal and to have a womens rock comp event is a mistake. Heather with the sidekick is the best woman wheeler I have ever seen but she draws the line at smashing sheet metal so I dont think she would even consider competing. She keeps her kick washed and waxed and as far as I have seen dent free. she can turn the wheel and shift just as good as any man why segregate the women from the men..Besides your zuk is better built than most men owned jeeps or otherwise and you know who would win a womens only comp? right!.....DUH ...YOU! for 2 reasons

1) you would probably be the only woman competing from this state.

2)your zuk was built by the only shop/legit buisness in the state that has the know how to build a comp rockbuggy or atleast thats what I have seen
to have been proven

kind of an unfair advantage . Ya THINK?

The majority of people here in idaho arent ready to even compete on this level and arent motivated in that direction, ie. pockets not deep enough priorities differ ......I dont have anything against you guys/gals but This is my view and opinion you can hate me if you like I think it should be kept simple...simple and fun and about friends helping friends

THAT IS WHY I AM SELLING MY SUZUKI

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Let me say this. Amber (if I can use your first name) I think your idea is great. Your comp may not be as big as you would like your first year but it is a start. The four wheeldrive people in this state have had a back seat attitude for way to long. Do I think you will get tons of ladies to your event. Really I don't know but damn why not try. If the competion idea dosent seem to be floating maybe try getting together a womans mild to wild ride going. Get people interested and off their ASSes and the next year you could probably get the comp type thing your looking for. :beer:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Ya know,I try and keep my cool,but sometimes some folks are clueless.
And FYI this isnt sticking up for anyone,you just hit a streak with me last week,that hasnt sat well since

rodzillax3 said:
I remember:
When we all would get together and go wheeling. Exploring wimpy(as you called them) logging roads and climbing over crap along the way bringing the digi cam taking pics of everything. It was all about getting away from the city and my rig to me was my freedom machine. It's all about who is badder or who has a badder rig or you are a pussy because you drive this or that or you didnt do what this other guy did.. BLA BLA ....[/qoute]
:scared: You sounds like a jealous pussy,crying about whatevery one else has,or strives to have,while your stuck with shit.I see nothing in that paragraph except jealousy and hatred toward anyone on this board or on the trail that has somehting better then you.There is always someone out there that will be beter then you,have more money,etc,do you cry like a pussie when your at work or see someone on the road with a nicer car then you or nicer toys???

[qoute="rodzillax3"] that was cool but the 100.00 was only for labor not parts and I was unable to get what I needed done with out spending an additional 400.00 I have done everything on my rig on my own up to this point for free labor so I cant see spending $$ for labor so I gave away the gift certif ... no biggie ! [/qoute]

Should have read the rules FULLY BEFORE you entered yourself in it then,instead of fucking others out of the chance to win it,thanks fawk tard.Why didnt you give it back to Shane then and let him redraw a winner?

[qoute="rodzillax3"]The way I see it women and men are equal and to have a womens rock comp event is a mistake. Heather with the sidekick is the best woman wheeler I have ever seen but she draws the line at smashing sheet metal so I dont think she would even consider competing. She keeps her kick washed and waxed and as far as I have seen dent free. she can turn the wheel and shift just as good as any man why segregate the women from the men..Besides your zuk is better built than most men owned jeeps or otherwise and you know who would win a womens only comp? right!.....DUH ...YOU! for 2 reasons

1) you would probably be the only woman competing from this state.

2)your zuk was built by the only shop/legit buisness in the state that has the know how to build a comp rockbuggy or atleast thats what I have seen
to have been proven

kind of an unfair advantage . Ya THINK? {qoute=rodzillax3"]

Not really,So why do they have a speciffic woman only class in the CalRocs,urocs,etc??..So are you going to be a fawking pussy like thsi when your out at the R/C car races and such..OOOOOO BO WHOOO those factory sponsored/rc shop owners guys kicked me and my 10yrs old ass all over the place,they have an unfair advantage.Thats why its called a sport/hobby/LIFESTYLE for some,its what they do.They dont sit around and fawking grand stand cause they cant compete with the top dollar guys.They go out,do the best they can with what they got!!! yeah Hcgalvin wouldnt score worth a shit,if your going to enter a comp,your gonna be losing paint,sheetmetal etc.Thats a fact,it wouldnt be an EVENT if any fawker in a mildly lifted rig could compete the course,thats why its a CHALLENGE

[qoute=rodzillax3]The majority of people here in idaho arent ready to even compete on this level and arent motivated in that direction, ie. pockets not deep enough priorities differ ......I dont have anything against you guys/gals but This is my view and opinion you can hate me if you like I think it should be kept simple...simple and fun and about friends helping friends[/qoute]

So when did you become the voice of rockcrawler of idaho?Your views are fawking twisted my frioend and you speak for a VERY small group of folks.You progress in a sport,thats why your shit aint stock height or tires anymore correct,you out grew stock capabilitys.Some out grow faster then others,and want to step up and test themnselves and their rigs to BIGGER challenges,not hitting the same pussy trail weekend and week out,some are content with that,and so be it..BUT DO NOT SAY THAT IS HOW A MAJORITY OF FOLKS IN IDAHO FEEL.Your are speaking for yourself and yourself only!!!

PLease start another thread if you'd liek to continue this conversation!

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
just a difference in how to enjoy the sport as I see it.

Some just like to go out and tool around on the trails to "get away from it all"

and other make it their life and they "fully git it"

Nother wrong with either one, no reason to hate the other guy.

:beer:

·
Registered
530 Posts
I understand that,as he stated,thats his opinoin,and I stated my opinoin,on how i see the progression of this LIFESTYLE.Theres diffrent routes for us all,and they arent all the same!! Hell my route was working 6
- 7 days a week 2 full time jobs,Navy and Landscaping for 3 yrs to save and be
able to afford to take off for 6-8 months to do strickly wheeling and to take my lifestyle to the next level.Sacrifices i wantted to make,is that the choice for 85% of the folks out there in this hobby??No,thats but thats how I choose to be,and be involved i this lifestyle>is that the way everyone shoudl go about it it..NO,and thats there choice
Just dont try and say its either one way or the other,theres hundred of ways to go.Thats why theres all sorts of diffrent clubs out from mild to wild,find the one that siuts you and your life style..I have :finger:

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Let me stand up for amber here....

First of all her rig was not built in a shop......It was built in my garage with my drunk friends in 3 days!!!!

Second, JIM, im sure that you have years of wheeling experience........Amber has about 5 or 6 trips under her belt!

Id bet my checking account that amber would wheel all over you and your rigs that you have built!

On top of everything, she has and HBRK sticker that was given to her......She didnt have her friend make it because she thought we were cool :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Oh I forgot to say.....Amber has tried to do alot for promoting our sport, and she has done an awesome job at it!

She has the knowledge and smarts to pull something like this off.....And when she does, we will be there enjoying it with the rest of our friends! :finger:

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
:finger: :finger:
sounds like an all around good idea.. I can't wait to see you pull it off...
even if I do make King of the naughty list!
:finger: :finger: :finger:

·
Registered
883 Posts
AJ, you will always be KING of the naughty list!! :finger: :finger:

Just come out and BE A POSITIVE SUPPORTER, thats all I ask!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
The title of todays topic is:
"Opinion's are like assholes....everyone has one!"

If you all can't share the sand box and play nice together, then you should go KICK ROCKS!!! Wheeling where I come from is FUN. I was introduced to it by a friend and my first time out was pretty intense, yet FUN. It was about friends and like minded individuals getting together and escaping the boring, energy draining, smog infested city and enjoying the outdoors where most people couldn't go. The people with better built and more equipped rigs could flex-their-might" if they so chose, be they male or female. They could take a few side trails and explore as they saw fit while the others who weren't equipped or brave enough spectated or met them on the other side. MILK SHAKE guy is right in the sense that driving is one of a few sports/recreations where the playing field is evened out for both male and female competitors. Neither has any physical advantage behind the wheel, on or off road. (unless you don't have power steering and even then your average female can still handle it and has done so since the automobile was invented) The only other factors are the depth of your pockets or how tallented at fabricating, welding, and being able to adapt every day commonly available parts you might have access to if you lack deep pockets. (Unless you're screwing someone that has all of the above, in which case you have it made) At anyrate just jumping out of the gate and having a women's only event sounds like not only a chance for peoples feelings to get hurt, possibly resulting in an Event Crashing Party, but, the possibility of only a handfull of rigs and significant others showing up to participate. This resulting in a lot of time and effort not being put to its best use not to mention the POTENTIAL FUN TO BE HAD BY ALL going to waste. It would not only be a shame to see that happen but I don't see it furthering the love of the sport/recreation or strengthening the bonds between fellow freinds and enthusiasts in anyway. So, to put an end to this long burst of flatulence issuing forth from my ass (some call it an opinion, other's call it a carefully thought out observation from all sides).......maybe you should all drop your cocks and strap-on's respectively, quit trying to see who's is bigger and pull together to make an outstanding event that all can attend and participate in this year. Then shoot to have a bigger and better one follow it with events for: guys vs. girls; low buck, back woods, Straight-Outa-Melba "monster garage" abortions vs. fancy, high-zoot, tricked out, "This is The Shit" goodie equiped rig; etc.etc.etc..Keep the wet t-shirt contest too. Everything that lasts and has withstood the test of time has been built on a solid foundation. Lets start pouring the cement...and drink some beers.

·
Registered
883 Posts
In response to your comments above all I WILL say is...

This event will have plenty of coverage, Sit back and WATCH!!!

With magazine coverage, newspaper coverage and other HIGHLY MOTIVATED INDIVIDUALS. COMPANIES, SPONSORS etc. I am POSITIVE THINGS WILL Turn Out WONDERFUL and for the best for all involved, and this includes competitors & spectators, friends, family, enthusiasts alike.. Its not seperating the men from the women..

And when its here and done, I will EXPECT AN APPOLOGY from you.. I feel lthats FAIR...

I know what I am capeable of doing, and know I am plenty WORTHY of WHATEVER IT IS IS I VENTURE OUT TO DO!!

But thanks for sharing your ass hole w/ us! :finger:

·
Registered
385 Posts
I don't know but Jack about wheelin. doah Only driven once on a trail or what most people would call a "logging road with obstacles" but I had a blast. When Jeremy & I go out I'm all for tearin shit up, bigger better faster more!! :thumb: I have ridden along on lots of wheelin trips w/him & had an absolute blast!! Now I am anxious to try it out myself, see if its something I want to do. I am looking forward to this "EVENT", whatever it ends up being called. Maybe if no ones looking I'll actually do some damage! whistle to the Jeep I mean!! LOL whistle

Why not support this & just see where it goes?? It may turn out to be a flop. But on the other hand it may turn out to be a success also. With Amber at the wheel I'm sure this "EVENT" is going to be AWESOME!!! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re-buttle to the re-buttle.....

I don't know you....you are right. Therefore I can't criticize you or your efforts NOR WAS I TRYING TO. You would see that if you took a second look at my post. You took that as a personal attack when it was far from it. I was merely stating maybe you should focus on getting an event started first. Then have another follow it that can be broken down into different classes etc. As far as feelings getting hurt goes.....try thinking about others a little bit more maybe. Small suggestion and only a suggestion at that. Maybe trying to include everyone so that the first event becomes a big hit and more people will attend the next. You would be surprised at the power word-of-mouth holds. A good event happens and people are tlaking about it for weeks! Another small suggtestion, try to refrain from talking down to people and criticizing them when they are only trying to present good ideas and sugestions. You might find some really cool people that COULD and WOULD help you in preparing for this.......you might also learn something from the people around here and make a few more friends in the process......but I understand if you are taking this personally.....it all comes down to people attending....and I would like to come have fun but it seems a girls only event prohibits me from doing just that. Happy wheeling in the New Year to ya!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
This is utter BULLSHIT. You want to know why Idaho has a great freaking time getting events like this in the state, because there are to many people who bitch about it being planned. We have the Idaho 4 wheel drive association event which was a great time from what I hear. I plan on attending next year. I give mad props to the people who planned it. It take alot of time and effort. I for one would not get on anyones case for trying to plan an event. Amber has done nothing that I have seen to warrant this kind of BULLSHIT. :angryfir:

·
Registered
385 Posts
In response to Paul's previous post. The Trail Ride & Ralley that was hosted in Nampa by Idaho 4x4 this September was awesome!! For all who attended it they know how great it was & what a great turn out we had. I was one of the participatnts & had a blast!! Trust me this event was not thrown together overnight. It took time & planning& it turned out great. For those who couldn't make it this year, make plans to attend the next one being hosted in Twin Falls by one of the clubs up in that area. Should be an awesome time!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Uh...what'd I miss? Where's the wet t-shirt contest again? :thumb:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts