Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking for a little input from some people with more experience than me. My wife’s (yeah, I know, don’t say it) pick-up is a ’98 Dodge 1500. It’s runnin’ the 318 motor which was fine until she decided it needed some 33”x12.5” Dirt Grips. Needless to say, you know what that did to my gear ratio. I’ve got a Jet Performance Module on it (the street one), a K&N filter, Poweraid throttle body spacer, Spin Tech muffler with a 3” cat back exhaust. At this point I know I’m not going to make any big changes unless I drop some serious coin so I need to make the most of the little things. It’s time to change the plugs. If the hype is correct, then I need platinum and the more ground electrodes the better (like the Bosch Platinum 2 and +4). My question is, is it worth the extra coin to pop for these higher end plugs? The guys at one parts store tell me it really doesn’t matter because electricity follows the path least resistance so multiple grounds don’t help much. I realize plugs won’t make the Ram a race truck but will they help with the mileage and power enough (we also pull a 24’ camp trailer) to make it worth the extra cash?

I know I’m long winded but I figure if I want input I need to give you the whole picture. Thanks to anyone willing to give me some feedback.

·
Registered
11 Posts
well if you run bosch platinum 4's in it, they'll foul in about 20min....almost everysingle V8 that i have sold +4's to have fouled them out...the standard bosch platinums and the 2's work wonders though, i run standard plat's in my '76 360...and they work great better than the champions and the autolites.

I would go with the Bosch platinums and try to find a larger sparkplug wire set, to give those plugs a little more juice.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Spark plugs

Hey, thanks! So I take it you think the cost for the plats and heavier wires is worth it? Even without changing anything else in the electrical system the heavier wires will get more juice to the plugs?

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
Try to post your question in only one topic forum please. :deal:

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
Re: Try to post your topic...

withac said:
I thought I was, I'm a newbie here, what did I do wrong?
You posted the same topic here as well as the drivetrain tech. Doesn't matter which one just don't post the same question twice :thumb:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Try to post your topic...

twistedjack said:
withac said:
I thought I was, I'm a newbie here, what did I do wrong?
You posted the same topic here as well as the drivetrain tech. Doesn't matter which one just don't post the same question twice :thumb:
Oh yeah, I forgot I hit two forums. Wouldn't posting in only one forum assume that everybody reads every forum? What if they only read one or the other, wouldn't I miss the chance for feedback from someone who might have some good advice?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts