Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shane and I have been told several times we were everything from crazy, stupid to ballezy for packing up and moving our whole lives to Boise.
Then tues afternoon I get a call, my step father Command Master Chief Mark Brannon is gone. Mark went in for a serious but very low risk operation to cortrol a genitic vascular defect. The long and short of it is things went bad and he's now gone. Mark was 52 and just a few short months from retiring from the Navy after almost 33 years. Mom and Mark were going to enjoy retirement on their property and new house, the dream they've worked 15 years to get to.
You maybe thinking exactly what do these two things have in common. It's that, while HBRK wasn't the sucess we'd hoped for, we at least gave it a go. Everybody has dreams, goals, thing to do. Life can be hard and cruel sometimes. Waiting around and thinking I'll get to that later or it's just too hard may cost you from ever reaching your dream! Next year, next week or even tomorrow may never come. For me it's a reminder to get off my butt and go get it done.
To all out there, maybe there's something you might want to get to so time dosen't cheat you.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
amen....and my condolenses

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Sorry to hear about that man. :(

You are absolutely right on the rest though. You only live once and you dont know how long it will last. I've tried a few things that didnt work out but I also have tried a few things that did. Sometimes you have to stop talking and start doing.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
I am truly sorry for your loss Pepper.. Losing family is one of the worst. I commend you for the rest of your post, and having the courage and integrity to say what you did. God Bless your Family.

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
WOW Pep sorry for the loss, he sounded like a really incredible man. It's a true loss when a man like is taken from your life, especially one that surved his and ours country for so long. As for the rest, you hit the nail on the head, well at least for me, there are a few things that I need to get done. Thanks for the reminder. Your post here, and courage to move to Idaho says alot about you personallity and perservernce. Hope to meet you someday on the trail, good luck and best wishes, Jason

·
Registered
70 Posts
Pepper, we are all saddened to hear of the loss of Command Master Chief Mark Brannon, stepfather, husband, and leader. We hope your mother will find peace in coming days, in part through the support you and the others who love her show in caring words and helpful acts.

I spent Wednesday this week at a funeral for a good friend's 12 year old daughter. She too died in a hospital. Many who loved her and her survivors came together to proclaim support. That is often the only thing that gets those left behind through tough times.

As the others have posted - your point about doing today what the couch would have you put off till tomorrow is right on. Some forethought is good, but paralysis by analysis has lead to many an unremarkable life.

I think those in Boise who brought business to your shop commended you and Shane (and your families) for taking the leap, and thank you for doing so in our market. Don't ever give up on your dreams, just learn from the experience and tweak a little here and there to find success.

Ken

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hey Pep Im very sorry to hear this - Your family is in our thoughts....
7 years ago we were putting together a way to buy this wrecking yard my father was very excited to come and help me behind the counter, he was to retire about the same time we put the deal together --- He went to bed one night and never woke up , 62 years old....:(
I then realized that you had better do the things in life that you want to do DONT put them off, sometimes life is just way to short and unfair.....
Pepper if there is anything we can do let us know.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone,
The hardest part is being so far away and feeling so helpless.
Ken sorry to her the little girl is also gone. It's hard to see the pain parents go thru after loosing a child. For us we can take some comfort that Mark lived a full life and didn't suffer. Pepper

·
Registered
183 Posts
Pepper,
Like you, when my father died, I found alot of comfort in knowing he had lived a full like, did thing his way and always respect other. I learn alot from the way he lived his life. Our thought are with you at this time and I wish the best for you and your family, especially your mother.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Pep, sorry to hear about this, praying for the best for your mom at this time. I had some experiences with the little boy that was in the paper today, that passed from Brain Cancer. He was a part of the St Patricks event at the Ha'Penny last year for the St Baldricks Fundraiser where you shave your head for child cancer. He was great and will be missed here in Boise. It is good to hear that he had 52 years, I hope that I have that much time and will be very appreciative if I do. Much Love Bro.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Pepper, so sorry to hear this. Our thoughts are with you and your family. If there is anything we can do, please let us know.
This info hits close to home too, I am 53.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I generally don't post in threads that are this personal. I have only met you a couple times but I am sorry to hear about your loss. I do admire you and Shane and your families for your guts to start up your shop. It's good to have dreams and even better to turn them into goals and reality.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts