Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We decided to do a quick run this weakend so Myself, Rob, Bren, and Ben all went out and ran 2HD.

No problems other then I had to make a ductape/large socket bump stop extension as one of my shocks was bottoming out.

Bren and myself ran the right side and had a blast!

Brens exo cherokee...

He got wedged real good but got himself out.

And my Boy having some trail PBJ!!!

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
That trail is pretty much "paved" agian I was really disappointed the last time I was out there:(

·
Registered
346 Posts
Yeah, but doing the right side is still not something that I have done. I will have to get out there and see what it looks like nowadays.

Congrats fellas, nice rigs.
Hey Nate when are you planning on going ? I should have mine back on the road by next weekend. Getting my header tigged and putting in a posi-lok this coming week.
I've never done it and would like to try. I'm sure Tony is ready for another run too. :drive: I'll skip the right side though :rotfl:
See yuh !

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The trail was the worst I have ever seen it...

The last time I ran it though it was still a fresh trail.

·
Registered
346 Posts
The trail was the worst I have ever seen it...

The last time I ran it though it was still a fresh trail.
2HD or Lost trail ? What was so bad about it ? Rocks ? Ruts ? or just basically torn up ? This is an area we need to work on keepin it open.
I think we would all cry if they shut that area out there down. Carnage, Meat Grinder, Top Ripper they are all right by each other and if they did a shut down they would probably do a Large swath. Just wondering what you seen.
Thanks !

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Ok here is a rundown...

First little dirt hill had 4 HUGE holes in it. Nothing to stop a jeep, but I don't understand why they were there. It looked like someone did a 4 wheel dirt burn on it or something. The first water fall/ledge looked as normal, except it was obvious that tons of rocks had been stacked and now are all kicked away from the ledge.

Right side looked like I remember it. Dropping into it had some rocks broken off of the slab that sticks up on your right, oops I meant left! but the rest of it looked exactly like I remember it from a while back.

Left side was WAY worse then I remember it. Ledges were taller, rocks were loose, and the dirt was exposed and dug out hard.

If it rains real hard (And it should soon) then that trail is going to get interesting.

I guess I need to remember though that the last time I ran this trail was like 2 years ago?

Possible 1.5 years? I don't know, but I do remember a rock right in the middle of the water fall that would snag your diff.

that is now gone.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I agree it is much different. The beginning is definitely easier but the middle is harder. The ledge in the middle is definitely getting taller. I ran it the last weekend in July. I agree that mother nature is going to really change these trails. I remember when the V rock in Carnage was a good 7 feet high or more. Now it is like a 3 or 4 footer. Rain, Snow, Spring and Winter definitely change the washes each year.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Ok here is a rundown...

First little dirt hill had 4 HUGE holes in it. Nothing to stop a jeep, but I don't understand why they were there. It looked like someone did a 4 wheel dirt burn on it or something. The first water fall/ledge looked as normal, except it was obvious that tons of rocks had been stacked and now are all kicked away from the ledge.

Right side looked like I remember it. Dropping into it had some rocks broken off of the slab that sticks up on your right, oops I meant left! but the rest of it looked exactly like I remember it from a while back.

Left side was WAY worse then I remember it. Ledges were taller, rocks were loose, and the dirt was exposed and dug out hard.

If it rains real hard (And it should soon) then that trail is going to get interesting.

I guess I need to remember though that the last time I ran this trail was like 2 years ago?

Possible 1.5 years? I don't know, but I do remember a rock right in the middle of the water fall that would snag your diff.

that is now gone.
Sounds fun ! I enjoy watching , but I think I'm built enough to make it with out much trouble now. I hope ! I do want to find out.:thumb:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Sounds fun ! I enjoy watching , but I think I'm built enough to make it with out much trouble now. I hope ! I do want to find out.:thumb:
me too:thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts