Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:deal: :deal: :deal: :deal: :deal: :deal: :deal: :deal: :deal: :deal: :deal: :deal: :deal: :deal: :deal: :deal: :deal:
Hey guys here are some parts that I would like to purchase, trade, or recieve for free. I am located in Rogers, Tx and would love to pay for ANY shipping costs. If you have ANY of these parts and would like to get them off your hands then please say something. I would like to upgrade my small block 350. Thankyou!!!

-HEI Distributer Upgrade Kit

-K&N X-Stream Air Filter

-3" Body Lift Kit

-Front and Rear Bumper Brakets for 3" Body Lift

-Winch

-Carb Spacer

If you have any of these parts or anything similar please post sumthing. Thankyou!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha I know what your saying Custom, I know Im not goin to be able to buy all of that stuff at once, but I am saving money up slowly to be able to afford one at a time. I am only 16 and I bus tables at a Mexican resturant for 5 bux an hour. So bassically its a slow save.... and plus I COULD afford a body lift just I was trying to find a cheaper way of doing it and a body lift is not priority, right now its rebuilding my tranny that I blew :thumb: lol

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
well said, welcome to the addicting habit of emptying your bank account on your hobby that will never be done.....

Dont worry, mine wont ever be done either.

No matter how much you make, you still want items that stretch the budget.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATE!!!! (Double Pump Carb)

·
Registered
464 Posts
I wouldn't go with a double pumper, they use to much gas and don't work as well with an automatic on the street for everyday driving, go with a vac. secondary carb. edelbrock, carter, or the holley truck avenger series (670cfm for your 350), I have had great luck with them right out of the box, and just as much power as the double pumper when tuned right.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Keep the Qjet. The rest of the carbs are for the street.
If you plan on offroading focus on thing you need first, not want. All the stuff you list is not needed.
Roll cage should be your first priority, then suspension, tires, and so on.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wouldn't go with a double pumper, they use to much gas and don't work as well with an automatic on the street for everyday driving, go with a vac. secondary carb. edelbrock, carter, or the holley truck avenger series (670cfm for your 350), I have had great luck with them right out of the box, and just as much power as the double pumper when tuned right.
ok, ya i tottally didnt even think of it using too much gas, I will just go with an edelbrock or a holly, UNLESS sumone has a performance carb that they would like to sell!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Keep the Qjet. The rest of the carbs are for the street.
If you plan on offroading focus on thing you need first, not want. All the stuff you list is not needed.
Roll cage should be your first priority, then suspension, tires, and so on.

I am just "souping" up my engine. I want/need more hp. I already have a 4" lift kit with 36" tires. I would put a roll cage in it but that isnt really "priority" right now. Besides, this isnt a big time off-roading, rock crawling truck. Its just my truck that I like to play in the mud with! lol

·
Registered
875 Posts
Sounds like you need a nitrouse kit. If you realy want to make a difference and get the mud flying. You could spend 1,000 bucks on carb,intake,vortec heads and what not and only gain a few ponies. Go with the cheap and easy...

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have about 8 carbs in my storage unit.....

Here are the ones off the top of my head.

Holly 3310 750CFM Vac Secodary, Quick change kit for front jets, Quick change front bowl for jets

Also have a 750 Double pumper, but I KNOW that would suck on the rocks.

I have a stack of Edelbricks if you need one as well. I will get down there and write down all the parts numbers for ya.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I already have a 4" lift kit with 36" tires. I would put a roll cage in it but that isnt really "priority" right now. Besides, this isnt a big time off-roading, rock crawling truck. Its just my truck that I like to play in the mud with! lol
Ask my dead friend how well that plan worked out. He was driving on the street to go "play in the mud" when a chick pulled right out in front of him when he was doing 55, posted speed limit. He swereved left to keep from t-boning her and then the truck lost traction and rolled a few times killing him.

Might want to put a little more thought into the roll cage and a little less on headers and intakes

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
A locker in the rear should be high on the list also. That would make more difference then a lift or bigger tires IMHO.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
how much for the Holly 750CFM, and are they rebuilt?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
never mind about the 750CFM carb... too big. I need a 650CFM

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Ask my dead friend how well that plan worked out. He was driving on the street to go "play in the mud" when a chick pulled right out in front of him when he was doing 55, posted speed limit. He swereved left to keep from t-boning her and then the truck lost traction and rolled a few times killing him.

Might want to put a little more thought into the roll cage and a little less on headers and intakes
God rest his soul. :beer: Some good seats with a 4 or 5 point system would be a good idea, too.:thumb:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
So I went to California last weekend to go ride quads in the desert, when I got back my Dad told me that he finished my transmission and that he wanted me to see it... so we walk over to my truck and he said that there is also something on my engine that he wants me to look at. Anyways he pops the hood and there is a rebuilt engine with ALL performance parts. CamelHump Heads, Edelbrock Aluminum Intake, Edelbrock Carb, Headers, RV Cam and more!!!!! I was SHOCKED!!! lol so ya my list of wanted things has DRAMATICALLY decreased so just thought I would share the excitement... lol

tell me if u c these pics^^^^^^^^

1 - 20 of 20 Posts