Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Thats not a homemade tank thats the ripsaw. A prototype unmaned automated vehickle designed for DARPA , that contest competeing for a military contract a couple of years ago.
:drool:

Ripsaw I
12" if suspension travel
650 HP
Custom lightweight tracks
top speed of 80mph
0-50 in 3.5 seconds
human, remote, & computor control

Ripsaw II

Dual 1500HP Big Blocks
38" of torsion bar suspension travel
10' Tall
10' Wide
25' Tall
42" of ground clearance
power to weight ration 3.3lbs/Hp
Human control/fly by wire

http://howeandhowe.com/videos.htm

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats cool, I was looking around to see if I could find more video of it. Thanks

·
Registered
940 Posts
The makers of Ripsaw now have their own show on discovery called Howe & Howe Tech.:thumb:

BADGER GOES BOOM - Premieres Tuesday, January 5 at 10 pm E/P
The twins' ultra-mini tank - the Badger - secures a spot in the Guinness Book of World Records for "Smallest All-Terrain Armored Vehicle." The recognition inspires them to beef-up the Badger's armor so they can market the tank to SWAT teams and bomb squads. As a reward for completing the Badger, Mike and Geoff will treat the shop crew to a survival trip in the woods. After a long, hard weekend of work, H&H finishes the Badger just in time to test its armor. But will their new design stand up against high caliber guns and deadly amounts of TNT?
SUBTERRANEAN ROVER BLUES - Premieres Tuesday, January 12 at 10 pm E/P
The Howe brothers are building their latest invention, the Subterranean Rover-1 (SR-1), a rugged off-road vehicle designed to travel deep into coal mine tunnels. With the delivery date long past due, the practical jokes end and the shop crew shifts into high gear. Despite the time crunch, Mike and Geoff are also designing a weapon component that may save the lives of U.S. Soldiers in combat called the "Dragon Tail" - a spear-like device that can latch on to and drag away suspicious vehicles. When a last minute design flaw on the SR-1 threatens to cancel the contract, the wives get caught up in the drama, and tempers flare.
RIPSAW REVOLUTION - Premieres Tuesday, January 19 at 10 pm E/P
The US Army asks the Howe brothers to modify their most famous vehicles, two high-speed tanks called Ripsaw MS1 and Ripsaw MS2. Ripsaw MS1 is a remote controlled tank and Ripsaw MS2 is a manned version. Now, Mike and Geoff must make Ripsaw MS2 operate remotely as well. In the middle of it all, Mike, Geoff and their amazing Ripsaws must star in a TV show called "Popular Science: The Future Of..." The publicity is great, but the rigorous test-drive for the TV cameras ruins the wheels on MS-2 and the twins have to order new ones. Will the new wheels arrive on time? And will a last minute technical glitch jeopardize H&H's all important military contracts?
RIPSAW'S MINI ME - Premieres Tuesday, January 26 at 10 pm E/P
Geoff and Mike get the idea to build a miniature version of the Ripsaw, H&H's ultra-fast military tank. They call their newest invention "Mini-Rip" and market it to the general public as a recreational vehicle. The twins hope to finish Mini-Rip just in time to debut at the annual Grass Drags, a large motor-sports event in New Hampshire. Meanwhile, H&H gets an order for three more SR-1 Subterranean Rovers and Geoff has to go down to Ft. Hood, Texas to show off the Ripsaw's amazing abilities in hopes of getting more contracts with the Army. Managing several large projects at once puts a strain on the brothers' relationship and jeopardizes the completion of their latest and greatest machine.
More New Rides Coming TUESDAYS in February at 10 pm E/P

·
is ANI-FACEBOOK!
2,779 Posts
Ripsaw is one of my all time favorites:smokin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts