Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have scheduled a trail run on Soldier Cap this Sunday, May 22. There was an article on the news last night that the Owyhee County sheriff is asking people to stay off the roads due to the heavy amounts of rain we have had. Apparently some of the dirt and gravel roads are not passable at this time. I would suggest the group cancels the run or reschedules it for a different area. What does everyone think?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yeah, I'm curious how this heavy rain has changed the washes we call trails. It has a tendancy to dry up very quick out there. Maybe someone should run out Friday night and take a peek at trail conditions. If it's wet stay out. If it's dry, go for it :thumb:

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
If it quits raining we will still go, if not we might have to cancel

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
wild west is doing a run up here in mtn home, I'll get in touch with lumpy but I don't think they'd mind if we tagged along
edit: checked in with him and it's okay, 10:00 at the chevron on airbase road in mtn home.

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
Well the forcast shows that it is going to clear up so we will still plan on our scheduled run.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
well I aint gonna make it, I have a "special" project that is going to keep me from attending whistle

·
Registered
183 Posts
Run today

We had a great time on Soldier Cap today. We finished the trail about 11:30, so most of us decided to drop into Reynolds Creek and run Hemmingway Butte backwards. The weather was great, the view unbelievable, we seen a few wild horses and we managed to find a few rocks to climb.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts