Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, before I haul this back to the crusher.....
can any of these parts be used to do an SOA on the Chkee?

D44 front, and this is Chev 12 bolt? I dunno, thats what I was told anyway.
But he ( the donor guy) also said it used to be a wagon. What chev wagons besides the burb came as a six lug?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
BlackDog said:
What chev wagons besides the burb came as a six lug?
Blazer

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
forgot about the blaze.
so, if i donate the axle, can the spring percches and u bolts be used for the SOA on the wifey's p.o.s.?

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
yeah the perches, (if its worth the effort to save them) can be reused, the ubolts if they are the right length, and those rear springs flex like mad too, dont know what mods to the spring hangers would be needed, but I would save the springs too.

new perches run about $20.

any idea on condition of the gears, and the ratio?

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
don't think would be of value, maybe as a housing, or related parts.
Cleaned the rear cover to find gearing, etc. and couldn't, so I jacked up the diff, and thought I would count rotations, ummmm me thinks its hollow in the middle, the tires spun freely, with out turning the yoke, and the yoke spoun freely with out turning the tires.

So I will pull the springs, and the tongue off of the front for my other trailer, leve the perches and take this thing back to TVM.

If you want the axle housing saved, gimme a holler. Will be tomorrow or Weds befor I get it gone.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
What side drop is the cherokee?
I would think that front 44 would be an upgrade over what is in there???

It could also be a donor for a toyota guy looking for full width.

I just cannot stand the poor prices offered for scrap at those yards, when you could give it away to someone that would be thankful or pay a couple bucks.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Maybe the pic didn't show it well, it was a frame with a tongue on it, that had a rear axle from a 6 lug GM product under the back. that had been hollowed to a certain degree.

What I wanted to Know was if those springs, u bolts and perches would allow me to SOA the front of my wifes POS for to get a poser lift, and 32's.

4 low and anything more than a 15 degree incline makes her turn into betsy wetsy, so could just be SOA'd and blocked to look good for mall crawling then as she loses virginity and gets brave, we will get serious about liftage, gears, etc.

ended up trading the frame and axle complete for the torch fees to cut the tongue off so that I have a receiver for the manure spreader turned utility trailer turned travel trailer in the making that I own.

on a side note, there is a Trooper, 85-90 at the Nampa TVM just arrived, they have a 44 back right? and a SFA Toy, Square headlights, 1980 fenders, so thinking 82, yellow, git it while the gettings good, they are stuffed they will be crushing ASAP. Probably get the whole drivetrain outta the Toy for $150.
(I have never seen them this full!)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts