Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm thinking about going back to college. Just dont know what I want to do. Since I've graduated last time I've been a broadcast engineer, an electronics tech, a computer and networking tech, and now I'm in Sales and Marketing. I've got most of my generals nailed out, just dont know what I should major in.

I'm thinking of something in the medical field since people are just getting older, you could always find work. But maybe not.

Any ideas?

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Double E does not sound too bad really.

Where I work BUM stands for "Business Unit Manager" :thumb:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
From being in both the medical field and the IT field. Unless you are an ER RN, or a Doctor or something specialized such as a ultrasound tech there isnt enough money to be made in the medical field.

Now in the IT field, a network engineer makes really nice wages. There is a ton more potential for making some really good money in the IT industry. What IT is hungry for right now, is good software programmers and Project Managers. Me being a software programmer specializing in Remedy software, I get contacted at least once a day average for a new position.

Hot IT jobs right now are .net, ASP, Remedy, XML and anything to do with CMDB (change management Databases), or anything to do with Sarbanes-Oxley or ITIL comliance.

Now Custom is right electrical engineers make some pretty nice cash as well. I used to work at the ISO in CA, we controlled the power grid for CA. I worked with some smart guys there, and they made a ton of cash!

Hope this helps matt :D

·
Registered
170 Posts
If you get interested in the RN route check out the fast track program at Boise State. It's for people who already have degrees and gets you out in a hurry.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
If you get interested in the RN route check out the fast track program at Boise State. It's for people who already have degrees and gets you out in a hurry.
I believe thats what my ex is gonna do, she seems stoked.
Just finished her LPN, too many years as just a CNA...
(IF = long way from Bozo State.... I think it is offered online from what I have heard from her)

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
PIMP :drool:

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
college = mad party's :popcorn:

let me know where your going and I'll see if I can get my work to send me to school there too :rotfl:

·
Premium Member
3,809 Posts
BSU doesn't really care if you have a degree or any credit to transfer for their nursing program. I know this from numerous others who have tried to transfer into the program....... It is a great field to be in however, like any job there are trade offs. Hospital work is harsh. Now get a nice office job and you are set, no nights, weekends or holidays. That is where I am at. I went through OHSU however and it is a different program. 4 yr RN degree. gotta love job security......

if you are considering it pm me and I may be able to give you some insight to it....

·
Registered
891 Posts
Ive allways thought a physical therapy career would be pretty cool. I think they make good money and what could be better than helping peaple feal better. Maybe someday I'll pull my head out and go back to school, sure would have been easier when I was 19 or 20.:darn:

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the inputs guys. :thumb:

Right now I'm leaning towards a EE. I looked at the classes and I'm already familier with quite a bit of the content. I have a three year Associates in Electronics and some of the classes almost look identical to some I've already taken.

I think my target is to get into the spring semester. I'm still not set though...

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

1 - 13 of 13 Posts