Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
O.K. so I was born and raised in Phoenix Arizona and to me snow is fun. All of you that grew up in the places that it snows with regularity hate me I know. So here I am, an AZ. Native happy about the snow because :drive: wheeling in it is fun, and more snow equals more water in our resevoirs (true dessert rat talking here). I got my self up at 6:00 in the A.M. when I have the day off to drive around in the snow and be happy. Here are some pics from after I got home. Z-71 in the snow and Jeep in the snow. I hope you like them, and would like to see yours. Anyone up for wheeling at the pits this afternoon?

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
I'm originally from Tucson! I know the feeling. :drive: :drive: :drive:

·
Registered
496 Posts
I was stuck at DIA Wednesday morning. I rented a car and left Denver yesterday at 10:30 am and arrived in Meridian about 30 Minutes ago. I drove 40 miles an hour from Snowville to Boise.

I was supposed to fly out of Colorado Springs Wednesday morning but all flights were closed at 5:30am and I was told to get to DIA if I could. I rented a Tundra truck and made my way there checking flight schedules by phone every 5-10 minutes. The "up-to-the-minute" information said my flight was on time. I go there at 10am and they told me all flights after 10:30am were closed. I was supposed to fly out at 11:51. What pissed me off was that I have family in Denver whose houses I passed on the way to the airport because my flight said it was still on.:pissed:

Spent the night with 5000 other travelers at DIA.

Here is a pick I took in south of franktown Colorado on my way TO DIA at 7:30. Yes that is a truck in front of me.

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
Played up in the mountains Last weekend. This is all just that light windblown stuff that can be a pain to get through. No place to winch to so the shovel comes out. Here's a view of the valley as well, as you can see, nut much snow in general, but hopefully it's on the way.

·
Registered
891 Posts
O.K. so I was born and raised in Phoenix Arizona and to me snow is fun. All of you that grew up in the places that it snows with regularity hate me I know. So here I am, an AZ. Native happy about the snow because :drive: wheeling in it is fun, and more snow equals more water in our resevoirs (true dessert rat talking here). I got my self up at 6:00 in the A.M. when I have the day off to drive around in the snow and be happy. Here are some pics from after I got home. Z-71 in the snow and Jeep in the snow. I hope you like them, and would like to see yours. Anyone up for wheeling at the pits this afternoon?
I don't anyone hates you cause you like the snow. A lot of us like to play in the snow, its a blast. Wheeling in is fun, keep on enjoying it. Hope you enjoy shoveling though, I think thats what most peaple hate about snow. :thumb:

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Shoveling and having to wrench on something in the snow, because you have to, especially at night.

Other than that I live for WIinter. Not a 'boarder, nor do I own snow machines, just love the snow.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
This was up at Mann's Creek 2-3 weeks ago. They have more snow now. I went up there last weekend again, but the snow sucked, so hopefully this new stuff is a little better. HOpefully try it out soon!!

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Done that plenty of times. I remember a few times trying to see the telephone posts to find the road :rotfl:

I'm in Northern Maine right now. Should be 2-3 feet of snow here by now and I'd be riding snowmobile. Well there's jack shit. It's RAINING right now! LAME! :darn:

I was stuck at DIA Wednesday morning. I rented a car and left Denver yesterday at 10:30 am and arrived in Meridian about 30 Minutes ago. I drove 40 miles an hour from Snowville to Boise.

I was supposed to fly out of Colorado Springs Wednesday morning but all flights were closed at 5:30am and I was told to get to DIA if I could. I rented a Tundra truck and made my way there checking flight schedules by phone every 5-10 minutes. The "up-to-the-minute" information said my flight was on time. I go there at 10am and they told me all flights after 10:30am were closed. I was supposed to fly out at 11:51. What pissed me off was that I have family in Denver whose houses I passed on the way to the airport because my flight said it was still on.:pissed:

Spent the night with 5000 other travelers at DIA.

Here is a pick I took in south of franktown Colorado on my way TO DIA at 7:30. Yes that is a truck in front of me.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Nate, they are predicting 6-8" tonight for the Owyhees, on top of a good dumping yesterday. Got about an inch left on my yard in Boise; predicting 1-2 more tonight.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I just don't understand...I live in MT...ski country, and we have nothing!! The weatherman said up to 9" yesterday, we'd be lucky if we got 1". And the forecast is looking bleak for more snow...guess I'll just have to hunker down and wait for the big dump.

·
Registered
137 Posts
TTT, I know your pain. I was stuck at the office the night of the blizzard. I drove the damn CRX with the Blizzaks to work that day. NO way of getting out of the office parking lot with that. The drifts here in the springs were CRAZY...even worse in Falcon where I live.

Here are a few pix of the snow at the house. It took me 2 hours to get home the next day. usually 30 min drive. ALL the roads were closed. I-25 from Wyoming to New Mexico was shut down for a while.

The white out conditions were insane. I took the company truck home. 06 dodge ram 1500 with the Hemi. 37 inch Cooper mudders and a 6 inch lift.

I was traveling up Woodman and came across a ditched pickup and utility trailer across the oncoming lanes...white out condition...then a cop in a durango on the side. I stopped and so did the jeep rock crawler behind me. Talked to the cop and he asked if we saw any more accidents the way we had just come thru. The jeeper behind me asked if Meridian Road was open (not your meridian...the one here in the springs) The cops said "NONE OF THE ROADS ARE OPEN" but you can travel at your own risk. :)

The winds were insane...I had to blow thru at least 10 differend snow drifts to TRY and get to my house. Most of the drifts were at least 2 feet tall...there were some that were as tall as the hood of the truck and 4 or more feet across...I know...I hit one and got stuck.

After digging out...I ended up pulling out 4 or 5 other rigs...just in my subdivision. That truck is a beast in the snow.

Gotta love Colorado Springs. 2 days later 35 and sunshine like it was summer.

Attachments

·
Registered
496 Posts
Jimmer,

If I would have been stuck in the springs I would have looked you up. I got out of town just in time! I did not even attempt to go up I-25. 83 was the only option.

When I get back to pick the truck up I will call you. PM me your #.

It least if you were stranded they would have found you in that truck!

·
Registered
137 Posts
True dat on the truck...it is the definition of a mall crawler. BUT that is the objective...get noticed...i love showing up at remotes with it and the other stations have a crappy mini van with one station logo sticker!

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts