Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to go do a little fishing today at the twin bridges, took the blazer and decided that i should test out the boat capabilitys of the blazer, (it sinks) well i started going up stream in this real shallow three feet of water and aparantly there are holes in the snake river so now i sink down in this hole and have all four tires going at it full power, i get back to shore and my wife for some reason is looking at me in that, Your dead look so i get turned around and i see this little stream (dident look that deep) so i slow go in only at about 3000 RPM's nothing realy, then i realize that this hole is clear up where water is coming inside the blazer then aparantly the boat feature kicked in and the blazer floates sideways i get up on the bank looking up in the sky and the Blazer dies, i get it started and tell my wife, and kids to unbuckel easyer to get out if i role i say now i am getting the death stare and she says let me out i said be my guest then she realized she would have to swim to get out, i put it in four low thinking i can get more engine revs, i put it in reverse and start backing up as i here screaming that water is coming over the seat, and kids are freaking out my son says im out-of-here i yell for him to sit down, and everyone shut up!!! i back up pop it into drive and hammer down all 38's are at full speed 4500 revs and i got water rusters twenty feet in the air my wife is soaking wet the kids are yelling FASTER FASTER..... well i finaly get out of the hole and am sitting on the bank with no road i tell her if she wants out now is the time to get out but its a long walk to were i am going to make it back to the road she ops to stay in i came off the side and back down in the water, oh shit waters coming over the hood the motor dies and the blazer finds one of them secreat holes now the water has turned me around and water is coming up over the back (wife not happy) i think to my self PLEASE start oh please thinking i have sucked water in i turn the key and off it went i went down another 20 feet and got back to the road.

mental note to self TAKE friends to watch when i go to the snake river....

NO PICS DAMMM IT!!!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Sounds like quite an adventure. Glad to hear you made it out OK. Just wondering about the need to go into the river. This doesn't sound much like treading lightly. :shame:

Not trying to get on your case. Just something to keep in mind.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
cajack said:
Sounds like quite an adventure. Glad to hear you made it out OK. Just wondering about the need to go into the river. This doesn't sound much like treading lightly. :shame:

Not trying to get on your case. Just something to keep in mind.

x2, when does fishing mean drive your truck into the river??

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
good story......

dumb move!! glad all is o k.

please tread lightly:beer: :beer: :beer:

and plz refer to your SRO rules regaurding things like this. (not allowed):deal:

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
wow, I thought only stupid shit happens to me with beer involved.
I am not the only one.
Congrats on not hydrolocking, and congrats on not gittin' a D. I . V . O. R . C. E.
I woulda.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
I think you should take another mental note not to take your kids when you do stupid shit like that. :rolleyes:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
so, been ten years since I was in IF, (two years of physical therap=y to learn how to walk up right) the twin bridges there in town?

(wind joke, if you missed it)

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
read wife the post, and replies.
she nutted, the snake is like the most dangerous river we have here in ID, in her opinion, wow.
with the kids? double wow.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
said event not endorsed by SRO!! Glad the kids and wife are allright!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SRO was never mentioned!!!!

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
We know that SRO was never mentioned in the story.:deal:

but if you have your stickers on your truck and get stuck in an unlawful area...then what?:idea:

Or you are dinking around in an area you shouldn't be and get in trouble either with the law or with safety, then ALL efforts the club has done to keep places open are for nothing. Public thinks: Why should we keep places open when those guys will just go where they damn well plz anyway?

We have worked hard to be a positive thing in our community, and whether you have stickers on or not, all the passerby sees is a modified 4x4 out being careless. that person has no idea whether you are the president of the club or a new member....but they will tell others of the FOOL they saw trying to cross the Snake.:darn:

Travis, Please think of how your actions will affect others!!!!:thumb:

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
cannoncrawler said:
We know that SRO was never mentioned in the story.:deal:

but if you have your stickers on your truck and get stuck in an unlawful area...then what?:idea:

Or you are dinking around in an area you shouldn't be and get in trouble either with the law or with safety, then the efforts the club works for to keep places open is for nothing. Public thinks: Why should we keep places open when those guys will just go where they damn well plz anyway?

We have worked hard to be a positive thing in our community, and whether yo have stickers on or not, all the passerby sees is a modified 4x4 out being careless. that person has no idea whether you are the president of the club or a new member....but they will tell others of the FOOL they saw trying to cross the Snake.:darn:

Travis, Please think of how your actions will affect others!!!!:thumb:
X2

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
x6 x7 x8 If you had our tags on travis and someone had a camera thats one shot of our sticker on your rig in the snake river, which by the way is a huge no no, means the BLM will no longer like us and will not try to work with us. You need to be aware what areas are open and wich are not and if there is even the the slightest idea that it might be closed don't wheel there. Being part of our club means being a responsible wheeler

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well were I was at was not illegal there is nothing that says you cant play in the river/drybed.... I have been driving in the dry bed for over 15 years now and have never been told or accused of tearing anything up.... I have no SRO stickers I dont tell any one I am a part of that club... and after the meeting i was at, and was told that it is an LDS club, and there would be no runs on sunday, What is the purpose of joining a club if i cant ever go on any runs...

·
Registered
423 Posts
Who ever said it was a LDS club. I'm far from LDS. If people don't want to or can't wheel on a Sunday then don't. That doesn't mean that other members of the club can't.

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
so who told you that???

that is the most wierdest thing i eva heard. it has been said many times that if ya want to go wheeling outside a club run, just post up and we will go.

just a couple weeks ago, cory, pat and my family went up blacks on sunday afternoon to hit the rocks. I posted in the shout box inviting everyone.

but back on topic. PLEASE BE SAFE WITH YOUR KIDS!!!!!!!!!!

It chaps my ass when many people endeavor to correct a person, and that person still thinks they did nothing wrong.....

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
All it takes is one picture by an Enviro nazi to shut shit down. They would take that picture as an example of how careless and anti tread lightly off roaders are as a group. I have read your little story and I was shaking my head the whole time. 1. put your family in life danger, 2. Who know how much ecoloigcal damage your stunt did to the river bed and surrounding area, 3. your thinking your cool for it, 4. Bring up religion in a situation it has no place. You need to hang around those fella's in SOR and learn a thing or two, Cause your heading for every responsible wheeler in the state lining up to kick your ass.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts