Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a sm465 and I am trying to remove the top cover but cannot get it off. Do you have to have it in a certain gear to remove it? I have tried all the gears but still can't get it. It is like it is caught on something. I have the shift lever off but cannot get the cover off to see the gears.:darn:

·
Registered
374 Posts
I just saw your post. Did you figure it out? I am no help, I have the same problem.

I have the sm465 in my Jeep. It gets stuck in neutral. I was told it might need a new top cover. I happen to have another sm465 as a spare so I tried to get the top cover off. I had the same problem you did. It seemed to come up an inch or two and then get stuck.

Let me know if you found out the secret, other wise, it will be off to a transmission shop!

Thanks

·
Registered
374 Posts
Thanks Ken

Would that make it get stuck in neutral? I have heard of them popping out of gear but never had that problem, just get stuck in neutral, like when getting up meat grinder (the wall).

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I put the damn thing back together. It seems to shift fine :drive: but I was wanting to get into it and check everything out. I haven't had any problems with it sticking or anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts