Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well there it is. I still have to put the bumper on and the tail lights as well as bolting down the bed, then I 'll probably go to the emergency room and have my big toe stiched up and the remainder of my toe nail removed, they probably will want to x-ray it as well. my 75lb rear bumper fell and landed on my toe
:darn: (ya I feel like a dumb ass) but hey I can humor at my mistakes.

I'd post a pic of my toe upon request. LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmmm ? rock lights! good call

·
Registered
17 Posts
Do you have any pics of how you went about shortening the bed? I've considered doing that to my f-150 but don't really know how u go about it..Did you just cut it in half and shorten one end of it or take some off the front? it seems like trying to shorten it from the back would be tricky because of reforming the curve and the tail-lights and all that

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
seemore i have done the bed shortening and on our body of trucks its a pita!!! the toyotas have a removable inner bed side which makes it easier on them. as far as rodzila goes....all he did was take a section out from between the fenderwell and the taillight because it would be too hard to round the corners and just more work......but were not all purists are we?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
seemoremud said:
Do you have any pics of how you went about shortening the bed? I've considered doing that to my f-150 but don't really know how u go about it..Did you just cut it in half and shorten one end of it or take some off the front? it seems like trying to shorten it from the back would be tricky because of reforming the curve and the tail-lights and all that
custom said it...he has been doing this longer than I have. I just cut 1 foot out from behind the rear wheelwell between the tail lights

Attachments

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
seemoremud said:
custom said it...he has been doing this longer than I have. I just cut 1 foot out from behind the rear wheelwell between the tail lights

·
Registered
17 Posts
That makes sense.. I figured it would be a a PITA on my truck, just because most everything else is too..:cussing: I'm just wanting to find a way to get a better departure angle. I dont want to spend the money on all the metal needed to build a flat bed so shortening the bed i have seems like a better idea.

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
see more i have a few pics of the bed i did....i will have to get them scanned and put on here for you. Its really not that difficult you just have to stitch weld the whole thing together unless you don't care about wavy panels....I also only shortened the front of the bed. I put an ext.cab on a std cab frame. Big thanks to chevycrew who helped me do it over the course of a weekend

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Rudezuk said:
Lets see the toe :D
here ya go!....and BTY I went to the ER at noon today. it is broken they pulled my nail off and stitched it back together. they said it was an open fracture and after the nail was removed I could see the 2 bones..:darn:

Attachments

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
gripguru said:
Good job, that will help you alot on the steeper climbs. Looks clean too. :thumb:
thanks but the camera made it look ok:thumb:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Owyhee Rock Man said:
Hang that piece ya cut out from a limb and you can have a big freakin swing for the neigborhood kids..:idea:
I dropped it off in front of your shop after you left today (sunday) ..it's free ...you dont owe me anything for it!

I insist :shame:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
bro job!... funny...
bro's before hose:thumb:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Rudezuk said:
Nice work man!!
I thought you would appreciate some bodily carnage...he he he :rotfl:

·
Registered
148 Posts
The bob job looks clean. I took 12 1/2" out of my 85, but it has a 2wd import bed. It was a bit of a challenge because my bed has the full outer rail. But it was worth it!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
doesnt look too good after last weekend...I beat it real good ! :eek: but thanks

1 - 20 of 37 Posts