Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I was perusing the SEMA show, I came across a United Four Wheel Drive Association booth. I spent some time talking to Jim Prince, who is thier editor, and soon to be PR man. He seemed to be very impressed with the accomplishments our club has made in the past year. I collected a bunch of info, newletters, and business cards that I will bring to the meeting. I will hand out the flyers at the meeting on Tuesday November 8. I have Jim's contact info, and he was more than willing to attend one of our monthly meetings to answer any questions we might have. We will get him scheduled in a meeting in the near future.

Also, as a side note. Ginericfj80 has been working on getting info from them also, as well as the BRC. He has talked to the representatives that are willing to attend one of our meetings to explain the organization. A big thanks to Eric for gathering the info for the club.:thumb:

I would like our club to hear from all the different organizations, ask them questions, and research them to see where our efforts would be best utilized. I want the club the club as a whole to decide in which direction to go. As of now, we are working on scheduling representatives from the Idaho Association, UNFWDA, and the BRC. And keep in mind that we can join more than one also, maybe even all of them.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
BRC sent me a package yesterday. It has tons of brochures, applications, and some of their newsletters. Everyone will go home with a copy Tuesday. There is enough that some should go to the other clubs too. I'll send extras with Dave for High Desert. I'll try to get some to NW Cruisers (they are members already) and I'll find somebody to send them with to Idaho Off Road. Heck, reading through them they could sit on the counter at a 4wd or motorcycle shop and do some good for people.

United4wd is also sending out 25 copies of their newsletter. They were supposed to be here by Tuesday but I haven't seen them yet. I've been working with the director of the BRC about getting out here for a meeting or event or something to chat with us. He resides in South Dakota so scheduling is sort of a challenge. He's actually thinking about trying to make it to the Top Truck Challenge. This would be good because he would have a big audience and folks could chat with him during breaks etc....

I think the big thing these organizations would do for us is set us up with a plan. They basically have easy do it yourself steps for adopting a trail, working with BLM and Forest Service on projects, how to draft effective letters, who we should be contracting, etc.... It sure makes a lot more sense to follow a plan than just randomly try things hoping things will work.

What I like about WWOR is that there is a lot of energy to get things done. You all aren't just sitting back saying, "You know we should do this!" You seem to move forward and actually complete the task.

Anyway, see you all Tuesday.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
That is awesome!
that is the approach organizations should take, IMO. I got a shitload of BRC stickers if anyone would like one?

You guys as a club are way on top of the ball, and you guys in action is what being in a club is all about...
Kudos!:goodjob: :thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts