Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tough decision but I am going to have to take a few years off of the Jeeping thing. I have never had a cooler rig than this one. Those of you in the forum who know me know how well my YJ performs. I have modified a lot of things and kept working toward a capable rig. Here is a list of most of the major things I have done:

1991 F350 front axle (Dana 60 high pinion) has been shortened 6" on the long side, new custom inner from Moser. Has Deadenbear knuckles with cross over sterring arm from OTT industries and Hydro assist steering kit from RockLogic, 5.13 gears and an ARB Locker. Nice axle. I added 2.5" of spacers back on each side to put the wheel mounting surface back near stock width and am running full military HUMMER 1 wheels with double bead locks and full runflats. The chop and space thing was neccessary to pull the steering parts in far enough to clear the 7" backspacing on the stock Humvee wheels. Overall width is 78" outside of tires with 39.5x13.5x16.5 IROK tires.

Rear axle is a GM 14Bolt with 5.13 gears, a Detroit No-Spin locker and fully converted to disc brakes running 3/4ton front GM rotors and Cadilac calipers with parking brakes. I did not shave this axle, I decided I would rather have the total strength when high centered. Both front and rear axles have custom made diff guards to protect from rocks. I also have a custom made anti-wrap bar for the 14Bolt to help keep from wrapping up the springs.

The Jeep has a streched wheelbase of about 98" and is running 2" lift springs over the axles. Also has 3" body lift so all told with the spring over there is around 10" of lift PLUS the 40" tires. Yes it's big!!

Other cool stuff: ARB compressor , onboard welder, custom front and rear bumpers and rock sliders, 7" warn TJ fender flares that actually cover the tires good enough that I have never been stopped. Slip yoke eliminator on the NP231 transfer case, 8000# winch, highlift jack, rock lites for night runs.

I have a full factory hard top with full steel doors AND a full factory soft top with steel half doors and a bikini/safari top. The body is in great shape for a crawler with only a couple dents and dings. Never been rollled (close though!)

I am wanting about $8500.00 out of it. call me if you are interested at my cell #208-941-0638 Paul Nay. I am currently laid up from knee surgery and having to get by on a work laptop so I wont be real regular checking in on this thread.

I will have to resize my pics to get them to load so I will try to get some up soon. Thanks for any serious interests.

·
Registered
134 Posts
What happened to the knee?

Oh, and so I'm not off topic...

This Jeep is amazing! If I were in the market for something that I could wheel hard without worrying whether I would break, this is the one I would buy! :drool:

But, I drive a Samurai...because I must like to break...and then fix...and then break...etc.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What happened? Well you know me and my silly fascination with dirtbikes. I took my knee out quite handily a couple weeks ago, spent 8 days in St.Al's but have been home for a week and feeling a little better. I'll be laid up for a while yet.

Gotta love it!:darn:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SOLD! To a nice guy in Boise so you may see it around town from time to time.:beer:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Congrats to both the buyer and the seller:drive:

Paul,

How long before you decide you are too old to dirtbike and get back into crawling?:p

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh I don't know, probably a few more years or another bad crash! I just may save up and get that Hummer I have always wanted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts