Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, My mechanical expertise peaks at using a knife and fork so I'm looking for some help. I've been having problems get my 89 yj into gear so I took it to a shop and had the clutch master cylinder replaces. $145.00 later and it seems worse! There’s no grinding (or at least very very little) but its very hard to downshift and almost impossible to get into 1st. The clutch pedal goes all the way to the floor and when I start it, it wants to go, the clutch is slightly engaged even with the pedal on the floor. The pedal has little to no pressure. If I pump it about a thousand times if gets a little stiffer (no jokes please) and if I rev it up I can get it into gear sometimes. Up shifting is easier but not normal. Does the pedal need adjusting? do I need a clutch kit? Any help greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mileage & growling

I don't know about the mileage and there is no sound when pushing the clutch pedal in.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Is it bled correctly?

Does the pedal have resistance when it goes to the floor, or it hits the floor without much foot pressure??

How many miles on that clutch?

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Hey Hazzmatt,
I see you live in Tucson, I used to live in Tucson, I have a very good friend that owns a offroad/fab. shop. He will be able to help you out. Don't know if you know him or not, Mike Klensin is his name and he owns Crossed-Up Offroad. Here's a link and directions to his place are on his page. Tell him Jason from CBI sent you. :thumb:

http://crossedupoffroad.com/

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanx for the advice and referals, it needs a clutch kit, and I should be getting it done in a week or so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts