Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I had my bbq last night and it went well. I smashed one of junk trucks for the heck of it. I will see you guys in a couple months. I will try to stay connected on here.:thumb:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks for the great time at the BBQ! I haven't had that much fun in a long time. Keep in touch and stay safe!!

Kelli Jo

·
Registered
385 Posts
Give em hell! Thanks for your willingness to serve our country & keep us over here, safe! God speed! :drive:

·
Registered
379 Posts
see ya soon lehi!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hay Lehi, I still have my bullet proof vest from the last time I was there, I wore it under my flak jacket when we went out, It saved my ass a few times I think, your welcome to take it if you want.

·
Registered
45 Posts
toy4$4 said:
Hay Lehi, I still have my bullet proof vest from the last time I was there, I wore it under my flak jacket when we went out, It saved my ass a few times I think, your welcome to take it if you want.
I heard somewhere that the powers that be won't let our guys over there wear privately bought armor anymore. It was some show on TV about body Armour technology. Any of you military guys know any more about this?

Give em' hell Lehi!!!! We are all VERY proud of what you're going off to do for us and our Country.

·
Registered
151 Posts
It's mil issue, the same as the helicopter pilots wear, It'll stop pistol rounds, and some shrapnal and rocks, as for why they wont let you have commercally avaliable stuff is because guys were ditching their mil issue gear and wearing non standard stuff that is not "tested" to mil standard...... just remember everything that is issued to is made by the lowest bidder, M-16/M-4, helmet, body armor, and ammo!

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'll mail it, or better yet I could probably have my brother take it to him,

·
Registered
379 Posts
The hardest part of going there is getting back home! and then putting up with BS...

·
Registered
151 Posts
LOL...it only took about 18 hrs to get me there,Mountain Home-Gander-Al udied-Balad but took 5 of the longest days of my life to basically hitch hike back home from Balad-Bagdad-Ali-Al udied-Ramstien-Mildenhall-Dover-Baltimore-Dallas-Denver----Home
:drive:

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
helluva road trip.....i like getting stuck in moron or siginella. 90 something a day!!

lehi....have fun stackin those BBs. dont drop anything!!

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
What BBQ? I would have went had I known.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Good luck Lehi, I appreciate your service.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts