Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody want to divulge their secret deer spots to me:D I get out of school tommorrow at 1:30 and am going to head out and try and blast bambi if I can find him.

I'll probably just head up around Danskin, I've had pretty good luck around there over the years, but I'm just not looking forward to the drive for the amount of hunting I'll get.

Actually the whole point of this post is I am so stinkin sick of school, and the way it messes up my hunting seasons. I'm actually taking classes now that I can't skip for a couple weeks like I did last year, and it looks like I'll be in that situation for a few more years :lame:

Anyways good luck to all the hunters on the board, and someone needs to start up a brag post with pics of all the dead yummy deer that have been graciously removed from rangeleand:drool:

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Wrong spot I bet. Joe do you have a doe or regular tag?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The wife and I both have regular tags. We could have filled doe tags pretty easily if we had them, even though we have only really went out once

·
Registered
346 Posts
Wish I could help. I have been 8th St., Boise Ridge Road, Rocky Canyon, Cow Pound out of Horseshoebend, Pioneerville/Centerville area, Arrowrock, and haven't seen hardly any sign. I live on Hill Rd. and see them in the mornings in my neighborhood, but none up North. Pretty frustrating.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Since we are on the subject.........anyone want to invite me on thier opening day pheasant hunt????????
I know it is as much a long shot as someone giving up the dear spot, but what the hell

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Try doing Strawberry loop by prarie on foot, Also tiger creek is pretty productive and ridge road on the other side of house mountain. Get out where no one else is and let them push the deer to you in the unpressured areas.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We went out to Danskin and spotted 15-20 deer. My wife was able to fill her tag with a tiny little spike :thumb: I didn't get my deer, but I was able to nail a coyote, so it was a pretty productive afternoon.

I'll head back out again tommorrow and see if I can't find his older brother :thumb:

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Woof!!! who knew deer were so much work! I went out to Danskin this morning, and was able to suprise a nice 3-pointer:thumb: Spread on the rack is just over 17" of course I took a couple pics, but for some reason my digital camera lost the pics before I could even download them.

All I know is I spotted him after I had hiked about a 100yds from the 4-wheeler, and he was only about another 200yds away. He managed to get over the ridge into the next draw before I dropped him. I had him down by 7:30 and didn't have him back to the atv until after 10:00.

I'll go get a couple pics here in a minute. Just as soon as my muscles stop spasming:eek:

Pics!

Attachments

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
Nice buck.

I went up with jeff this morning, we were headed to prairie, didnt make it. Got 1/2 way there, saw does crossing the road. Stopped and glassed them, saw a forked hown, hiked in a 1/4 mile or so and dropped him.

In the truck with the buck by 9am, not bad for leaving boise at 7am

Fish and game checked it out, they said it was the biggest forked horn they have seen this year, field dressed at 120lbs

1 - 10 of 10 Posts