3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lookee what I just bought!!
can anyone tell me what motor this big caddy has in it? :deal: :thumb: :finger:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
so WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH A 500CI MOTOR????

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
why, i'm gonna slap it in one of my 4x4's and wheel the PISS out of it! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
In the year 2025?

:finger:

Nice score though. Those motors are nice. 8)

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sandman said:
In the year 2025?

:finger:

Nice score though. Those motors are nice. 8)
I miss you too, asspounder! :finger: :finger:

nah, Tam says I have to have it installed within a year, else the car is hers... :roll: :roll: :roll: (fat chance!!)

·
Registered
695 Posts
whitetrashmafia4x4 said:
hell yeah dude are you better put it in a mud bogger :beer: :beer: nice score :thumb:
Wow, would have never thought you could have come up with such a great idea...... Your new thoughts just amaze me. Did you ever get shoved into the lockers in high school???? If not here is your locker.... and please don't come out until asked or released.... Ohh and while you are in there you can read all your mud running specific magizines, hope you don't get bored... :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger:

And for everyone else.....Yeah I do feel like being a dick tonight :thumb:

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
So AJ gets a bright idea to run huge cubic inches when fuel is so damned expensive????? BRAVO!!!

LOL :rotfl: :rotfl:

You know AJ, I keep hearing about your projects, but I never hear of them out on the trail.......not that I got a lot of room to talk, but the ol' white beater keeps on running for now and I am taking it out tomorrow!

Nice though, 500 for the mud, are you gonna put it on the bottle too???

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
397 Posts
nice Score AJ to bad you didn’t have that motor about two months ago. . . and hopefully I don’t have to wait 20 years to go digging with ya. . .

MR. TRD just because your scared of the mud (CANT HANG WITH THE BIG DOGS) you don’t need to cry, and feel inferior to others. might want to stick to the simplicity of Rocks (Pebbles in your case) that you know is not a challenge, and takes little effort. . . I saw a gravel pit the other day you might want to try out… god forbid you actually take that toy somewhere. . . :finger: :finger:

·
Registered
695 Posts
str8six4me said:
MR. TRD just because your scared of the mud (CANT HANG WITH THE BIG DOGS) you don’t need to cry, and feel inferior to others. might want to stick to the simplicity of Rocks (Pebbles in your case) that you know is not a challenge, and takes little effort. . . I saw a gravel pit the other day you might want to try out… god forbid you actually take that toy somewhere. . . :finger: :finger:
First of all, scared would not be the proper term. Believe me, If I wanted to run in the mud, I could. I do believe that 300 horse in a light toyota with 35's and locked front and rear, would do very well in the mud, but I hate to clean the mud, cause you never get it all out.

Second, I got pictures to show that I can hang with the big boys on the rocks, lets see your pics and your list of trails that you have run.. and no, we are not talking about the trails around here, you said big boys, so I am talking about the big boy places, like Moab.

Third, your are correct I don't take my truck out much, mainly cause I don't drive it everyday and mainly only drive it when I am going out to use the four wheel drive.....

And Fourth, I was not intending to slam all mud runners( on this occasion ), just him for his never ending comments on nothing but.... Put in the mud, is that for the mud, mud is the greatest, mud takes all the skill in the world.... Yet we have yet to see a picture of him in the mud or even him with a vehicle....Sounds to me like he just may be full of shit and only keeping up with the mud thing cause he knows it doesn't go over on this board all that well... Yeah there are a few on here that run the mud, but the rest of you at least know how to talk about something else and I am sure that most of you that do run the mud can admitt to yourself that running the mud doesn't exactly take the gobs of skill that he keeps touting.

But as for you, I will be waiting for your pics, trail list and if you really want to try to impress me, lets compare mod lists.....

Ohh and yes, I do firmly believe that with a set of Boggers on my truck, I could probably skip past just about anything else out there, and if I didn't, at least my truck is still peeeeeerrrrrrty :thumb:

Ohh and if you want me to slam you.....keep using the Sierra Club friendly term "Diggin"......cause all you are really doing is "diggin" yourself out of place to go "wheeling". :thumb:

Now i am going to have a few more of these :beer: :beer: :beer:

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I agree w/ MrTRD,
I hear all this talk but have yet to see that blazer run anything.
And as far as muddin' taking more skills then rock crawlin you got to be freakin kiding me. All you need to mud is a lead foot and point it straight. I've ran threw mud holes in in everything from decked out mud rigs to my friend in highschool's old station wagon.
The only skills involved in muddin is the ones the rock crawlers are useing to pull your ass out of a hole. (I believe this was proven at the diversion run last month)

Man... I think somethings in the air cause now I'm in a bad mood.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lumpdog said:
So AJ gets a bright idea to run huge cubic inches when fuel is so damned expensive????? BRAVO!!!

LOL :rotfl: :rotfl:

You know AJ, I keep hearing about your projects, but I never hear of them out on the trail.......not that I got a lot of room to talk, but the ol' white beater keeps on running for now and I am taking it out tomorrow!

Nice though, 500 for the mud, are you gonna put it on the bottle too???
well, I finally got a chance to go out on a run in one of my rigs that hasn't been tore down yet... I went out on the rocks today, mine was the brown chevy pickup in the background of one of the pics I took.. I didn't really do shit out there, that's why there aren't any cool poser pics of me hangin on a rock, with itty bitty tires, I was sort of the designated photographer...which is fine by me :thumb: I still had a blast! got to yank on the strap for a bit with the bronco hanging on the rock, and even better, got to help a little later on in the shop messing with some steering problems and straightening a bent bumper.. I have 2 sets of 38" TSL tires, one is on the blazer that is waiting for lots more cash to finish the motor that i've always wanted to build... a 400 SBC with vortec heads that will still be controlled by a nearly stock TBI system.. don't ask why, I know there are better/cheaper/easier setups to do, but I just want to do this one and make it work, so I'm gonna... I got my 60 front for it not too long ago, but that thing is hammered... it needs a total rebuild. :angryfir: so, rather than just patch it together, I decided i'd get the 35 spline outers and those warn hubs for it along with a selectable locker... with that blazer, I want to do it all right the first time, not cobble it together and waste money on stuff that is "just for now"... I wanna do it right the first time...
I still have a huge list of stuff that needs done on the blazer, but every month, that list gets a wee bit shorter... :deal:
As far as the 500 goes, it isn't a 500... its a 472, which is close enough for me. only a little stroke difference is all, and it can be made to be a 500 pretty easy if I ever decide I need to. whistle
I've got 4 other 4X4's that are running and driving right now, and i haven't decided which one is getting that engine yet, but I'm leaning towards the 79 shortbox chevy, just cause i've always wanted a FAST POWERFUL shortbox on 38" tires. I think it would be cool... :thumb: :thumb:

The MAIN and for me the BIGGEST thing is that most folks don't understand when I tell them is this; Wheeling for me is a blast! I like it alot! I've owned and played around offroad in more 4X4's than I can count... from 3 or 4 toyotas to several chevys and fords, even a mazda and a nissan! I've had alot of fun wheeling! :beer:
BUT.... there is something else that I REALLY LOVE MORE than wheeling.... and that is BUILDING and FIXING stuff...I can't explain it... I love building hot-shit engines, I love designing suspensions, love any mechanical challenge I can get my hands on. and when we're out having a ball on the rocks or in the mud, and someone breaks their junk, i'm one of the first ones under it, looking at how to fix it, and make it better for cheap or free.. Hell, one reason I'm shotgun on alot of trips is that when I break my own stuff, it gets put aside for a LONG time until I have time to fix it again... I like working on my stuff, but i'd rather help someone else, or get a new customer, either way.
I know this is blasphemy for some, but I honestly love building the machines than driving them.
Every Nascar Mechanic out there could drive the shit out of those Nascars, but they don't. They get their rocks off by being behind the scenes, knowing that when that car is Top Dog, they are a big reason for it. I'm kinda the same way. There are many out there that are far better drivers than me, and still as many that are better Mechanics than me, but sooner or later, I hope to be one of the BEST. but i'll still be riding shotgun, and i'll still have fifty million unfinished projects, and i'll probably still have several stocker 4X4's... I just hope that in a year or two, I'll have at least ONE of my big projects done...but then i'll need to sell it and start a new one! :thumb: :thumb:
anyhoo... I just felt like I needed to put it out there why I'm not just rushing to get one thing done to go wheel all the time. I'd like to, but it isn't time yet. when I get it done the way I want, and I get it done right, then i'll be out there all the time, or i'll be riding shotgun while Tamara drives. but until then, i'll be working on 4 or 5 at once, as well as everyone else's stuff! :beer: :beer:

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:thumb: :thumb:
I know...I just get tired of some of the comments I get here and there by those folks that don't really know me all that well, so I took the opportunity to tell a bit more about myself... :beer: :beer: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Mr.TRD said:
str8six4me said:
First of all, scared would not be the proper term. Believe me, If I wanted to run in the mud, I could. I do believe that 300 horse in a light toyota with 35's and locked front and rear, would do very well in the mud, but I hate to clean the mud, cause you never get it all out.

Second, I got pictures to show that I can hang with the big boys on the rocks, lets see your pics and your list of trails that you have run.. and no, we are not talking about the trails around here, you said big boys, so I am talking about the big boy places, like Moab.

Third, your are correct I don't take my truck out much, mainly cause I don't drive it everyday and mainly only drive it when I am going out to use the four wheel drive.....

And Fourth, I was not intending to slam all mud runners( on this occasion ), just him for his never ending comments on nothing but.... Put in the mud, is that for the mud, mud is the greatest, mud takes all the skill in the world.... Yet we have yet to see a picture of him in the mud or even him with a vehicle....Sounds to me like he just may be full of shit and only keeping up with the mud thing cause he knows it doesn't go over on this board all that well... Yeah there are a few on here that run the mud, but the rest of you at least know how to talk about something else and I am sure that most of you that do run the mud can admitt to yourself that running the mud doesn't exactly take the gobs of skill that he keeps touting.

But as for you, I will be waiting for your pics, trail list and if you really want to try to impress me, lets compare mod lists.....

Ohh and yes, I do firmly believe that with a set of Boggers on my truck, I could probably skip past just about anything else out there, and if I didn't, at least my truck is still peeeeeerrrrrrty :thumb:

Ohh and if you want me to slam you.....keep using the Sierra Club friendly term "Diggin"......cause all you are really doing is "diggin" yourself out of place to go "wheeling". :thumb:

Now i am going to have a few more of these :beer: :beer: :beer:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: LOL You guys are hilarious!!! :thumb:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts