Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an email from someone wanting to buy my Ramcharger I have listed on here for sale....

The email sounds very suspicious.....What do you think?

We have email back and forth several times about the truck and I sent pictures to him also. Now he wants my full name and address..........I really dont want to give that up with out talking to him on the phone.

Here is the first email i received from him.

Hello,
I wish to indicate interest in your vehicle for sale at $3500.Get back to me with information on the vehicle's service history,available scanned pictures and also the required payment time frame so that i could make arrangements for payment and pick up.
Regards,

He did put his full name in the email but I will keep that private as well as his email address..

I sent him back specs and pictures to that email, I then received this email.

Shane,
Thanks,i was affected by the wild fire in Oklahoma and may not check out the Ramcharger in person as email remains my best means of communication in the interim.My friend intends to make payment by check to you next week as he is presently out of the states on a business trip to japan.
After receipt/confirmation of payment and on invitation by you,mr.rupert's shipping agent would visit your location for pre-shipment inspection and pick-up.
I am trying to contact mr.rupert for further clarifications and i will get back to you soon after i hear from him.

I sent him back one that stated the truck was still for sale, and any type of cashiers check would have to clear the bank before I would release the property...

I then received this email this morning..

Shane,
Mr.Rupert directed that payment be issued to you.After receipt/confirmation of payment and on invitation by you,mr.rupert's shipping agent would visit your location for pre-shipment inspection and pick-up.
I would need your assurance that the item whose payment we would start processing is in a good condition as the only view our client had of the item was on the net and this purchase is hinged on his personal judgement of what the item's state and output would be like,in comparison to models of its category.
Also,furnish me with the following details for a cashiers check to be sent to you via courier;
1.Full name
2.Full Address with zip code
3.Contact Telephone Numbers,for tracking purposes and to ensure that the payment is safely delivered.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I had a very similar one on a 73 Buick I am selling. I had it posted on the internet and got a very similar response. I told him to cut the BS and I never heard from him again. I would be leary of this.

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
maybe if you was selling a lotus:deal: then this might be legit!!!

but a $3500 ramcharger????????????:lame:

just wants to know where its at to steal it!!!!:drive: :shame: :shame:

I will give ya $500:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :drive: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My truck is also posted on Ramcharger Central.com

A guy over there got the same exact email from the same exact guy.....

If you see this run..!!

Tyler Burgs <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello,
I wish to indicate interest in your vehicle for sale at $3500.Get back to me with information on the vehicle's service history,available scanned pictures and also the required payment time frame so that i could make arrangements for payment and pick up.
Regards,
Tyler Burgs

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am selling my 79 GMC and I have been getting very similar emails. They all say almost the exact same thing... I thought I may have been getting lucky the first time because it sounded legit, but then I got 3 or 4 more from different people and they were worded in the "EXACT" same way.

ITS A SCAM!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts