Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am headin out this afternoon to start truggying my pickup and looking at some of your pics. Plan is to take the bed off and cut the back wall and roof off the truk cab then finish off my cage to the back so I can haul 2 more people. My current cage is 1.75" 120 wall HREW tubing. What tubing did you use for your full tube setup? Other problem i am running into is since this is a pickup cab is trying to make a floor for the rear passengers. I "think" the blazer tub is a flat floor and it goes farther back after the drivers seats. Does your passengers feet sit on the same floor level as the drivers or do they sit up higher? I could rais the rear seat up higher or tilth them back a little so they aren't straight legged on the floor but want to avoid that somewhat. Thanks for any input you can give me.

PS. I'm the one who bought those used 40's from you in Bozeman like 3 years ago or so. :eek:

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
I remember! :thumb:

The main cage where I sit and all around is HREW 1.75". The front and the very back is a mix of extra HREW that was laying around and schedule 40 pipe. The blazer floor kicks up in the back and the passenger seat is like 8" or so higher then the floor in the front with the rear passengers feet sitting on the front floor area.

My digital camera died on me last week and my new one has not shown up yet (should be here next week.). When it gets here, I'll take some more pics and do some measurements if you want.

Are you going to go narrow also? I'm glad I did.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I cut a bunch today and narrowed and started building sliders. I am 3" narrower that the pinch weld the old weather stripping held on to. I have some pics up on ck5 but forgot my memory stick in the camera today.
How much did you narrow yours? Does it seem tight sitting in there against the cage?

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
The seat sights slightly in so its not too bad. The widest point of the vehicle (besides tires) is 54 inches now. The fusebox ended up going where the clutch rod rod would normally go (I'm Auto).

My camera is supposed to be here on Wed.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool, more pics would be awesome. The widest section on mine looks to be 58" wide. I am about 1/2" from the fuse box in the stock spot. I am auto too so maybe look into moving if it comes to close anywhere.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
here is a pic of the integrated slider/ floor

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thought the 1.5x3" rec tubing would make a good flat base to maybe fill in with plate for a smooth slider all the way to the frame but not sure if the extra weight would be worth it. Do you get hung up on your supports from the frame often?

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
I have not yet but I plan on plating it over so it can just slide over stuff. Seems like I dont have enough time for everything.

Camera showed up! Took some pics of stuff. I took a pic of the fuebox. I plan on pulling it again and sealing it up better.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

Attachments

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
I pulled out the brights to add some more airflow to the radiator. It still likes to heat up. I think I also need to beef up the fan situation.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
Sandman said:
I pulled out the brights to add some more airflow to the radiator. It still likes to heat up. I think I also need to beef up the fan situation.

I would address the steering too. IMHO:rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for the pics, that really helps. Could you take some of the rear and rear seating area please? Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
got started on some tube work. How tall is your roof line from the floor?

Attachments

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Just measured it at 46" from floor to roofline. Dumping the stock firewall and floor could have brought it even lower.

Looking good! :thumb:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How did you measure. I am 50" from the floor at my feet to the TOP of the tube. Does yours seem tight at all? Helmet room?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well, here is some of the latest. I decoded to redop the sliders and bring them up higher and taper the floor some. Old sliders are still ther ein the pic. Have the basic shape done now to start putting braces and such in.

Attachments

·
Registered
379 Posts
sweet..... I am courious of the weight as it sits

1 - 20 of 37 Posts