Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the trail head today to check it out. They plowed the road past the spud celler, so we should not have much trouble on the road. It was very soupy though. We should have some mud with our snow! I spoke to Mr. Crapo and he gave me permission to park tow rigs by his cellar. Check the website for meeting times.

Scott

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
All I got to say about this run is I'm beat and burnt!
I've never had to do so much pushing and pulling and shoveling in my life (even though I got through w/out getting stuck :rotfl: )
But in all seriuosness I had a blast, It was real fun getting to know everyone alot more and meeting some of the families. It was cool how we all worked together when it came time to help others out and all stayed until the last rig made it off the trail. Thanks everyone in SRO for the invite and the good time :thumb: :thumb:
Hopefully there'll be some pics posted soon, it was a gorgeuos day.
Also, if anyone came home with an extra silver pro comp strap it is mine and I'll be at fridays meeting so hopefully it can make it there, let me know.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just want to thank everyone for pulling together! There were some cool ideas, and techniques that were implemented to get Ken out. If you have anything that isn't yours (straps, clevis hooks, etc.) bring them to Friday's meeting so we can sort it all out. Ken expressed his appreciation to everyone to me and I thought I would pass it on to you all! Also, Dan & Leslie, thanks for the air-up, and blanket! You guys are awesome!

Scott

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
burnt and happy!

i am soo burnt, but I am happy we got that jeep out. what a great group of guys.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Scott, I have your other radio, so I'll bring it friday.
We did come up with some pretty "interesting" ways to get Ken out, we'll have to let him know that we're all here to help when the repairs start. I remembered on the way home that Steve might have a pair of YJ 35c shafts at his shop still, if they'll work in a TJ we'll have to let Ken know.

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
it was a long hard day and I feel bad for leaving early. The day was great but the snow was decieving where it looked fairly easy it would just suck you down. Trucks that had tires any skinner than 12.5 had a very hard time. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts