Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone just a reminder we have a run coming up on this Saturday, should be fairly mild trail but be prepared for bad weather which could make things substantially more interesting. Be prepared for winter conditions. We will be meeting at CBI at at 7 am and leaving at 7:30. Vaughn is leading this run.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Eric, Thanks for posting! I won't have too much time for phone calls so tell everyone you see please.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hey everyone just a reminder we have a run coming up on this Saturday, should be fairly mild trail but be prepared for bad weather which could make things substantially more interesting. Be prepared for winter conditions. We will be meeting at CBI at at 7 am and leaving at 7:30. Vaughn is leading this run.
Thanks Eric
What trail and are you/they coming out by Rexburg? someplace I could meet saving a drive to IF and back?

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Have a good time! :thumb:

If I wasnt pressed for time, I'd bring the family up in the Bronc.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Thanks Eric
What trail and are you/they coming out by Rexburg? someplace I could meet saving a drive to IF and back?
Bill
We are heading up to the Haun townsite and going up to Lemhi Pass and over and will come out in Sawmill canyon. The Best place for the Rexburg guys to meet us would be Sage Junction. If you take 33 out past the rock trail and just keep going untill you hit I-15 there is a way station on the west side of the interstate, that is sage junction. We are leaving Steves shop @ 7:30 wich should put our arrival @ Sage Junction around 8:15-8:30. I plan on going as far as I know, but things can always change.

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay guys just checked the weather forecast for the area we will be in. Highs look to be in the 40s with a 30% percent chance of showers snow line will be about 6000 ft we should be above that alot. Come prepared for snow mud and rain. Dress warm. We need to prep like we were going out in the dead of winter. This run will get more interesting the more snow and rain we encounter.

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you are in rexburg just plan on meeting us at sage junction at around 8:00 That way when we get there we can just take off. You guys shouldn't have to wait too long

·
Registered
55 Posts
I couldn't get a hold of Vaughn I will keep trying and have him post all the details
Eric, you gotta call when we are home ! or at least talk to the machine. Sorry we missed your call. Cory got it about right, though.

·
Registered
781 Posts
has anybody cleared this run with the forest service? Last time I checked there was a section that was not open for us to go over the top:darn:

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Nice work on this! Who is planning on attending?

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think Lavelle was going to check on stuff but from what he said at the meeting all the stuff we were planning on doing was good to go. I don't have his number at work can someone call him there.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Well thanks for all who came. The scenery was awesome. I had a blast, and nothing tops off a good trail ride like getting pulled over coming down from the trail and getting into a heated argument with an assclown Butte County Sheriff.(very long story so just ask me in person)
here's some pics I got.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Ok I've had a few pm's asking about the experience, so here's the cliff notes.
we came around the corner on the gravel road and he was in the middle of the road so I had to jerk the wheel to stop from hitting him. So he flipped around and pulled me over. the first words out of his mouth were loud and rude, going off on how he was going to ticket me for inatentive driving cause I slid the corner. I'm usually a pretty nice and calm guy but when he came at me with an attitude I flipped. I told him there was noway I was going to fast cause I was only going 22 or so mph's. So then his lie's started spooing out of his mouth, wich only pissed me off more. So I called him on his lie's and this pissed him off more.
He says " I got you on video slidding that corner" So I say "show me the video". He goes " I don't have to show you shit". We go back and forth and he walks off to check my liscense saying I need to watch it on the road, so I stick my head out the window and loudly state "I'm supprised the roads still open" (I was allready upset cause all the roads I went trailriding on last year were closed this year for "resource protection" but the bikes and quads are still alowed on them). He continues with the crap when he comes back. He tells me he has a witness that was behind me. I proceed to tell him "What witness, the only people behind me are the 9 other rigs from my offroad club and they keep coming over the cb asking why I got pulled over"
Ther are many other humorous details but this is the just of it. He was lieing and was rude, I held my ground called him on it and didn't back down, he threatend me with going to court over it and I said fine and I'll bring all 20 plus witness' behind me, so he decided to "do me a favor" and give me a warning.
I think Bill got some pics I'll see.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts