Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys the run and clean up this weekend is important to attend. In years past the rock trail has gotten trashed mostly by poeple shooting out there and not picking up any of there junk. If you have a pickup or something that can haul trash contact Lavelle or Scott and tell them.

Bring RAKES, we forget this every year and rakes make it easier to clean up all the spent shotgun shells.

The BLM has considered closing this area before because of trash and our efforts have kept it open. I do not know the meeting time etc so someone please post it.

Everyone please come, I would hate to lose this trail.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Nicely Said Eric!! For the life of me I can't recall what time we are starting. I recall 9:30 am or meet at Valleywide Coop a little earlier to caravan out there. I have bags from the BLM, but bring a truck or trailer if you have it along with GLOVES and as Eric said RAKES. (leaf rakes work better than the wide tooth ones)

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
So this is a run and clean up? Come awn guys post up some more details.... Please.....

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I'll see what's going on this weekend and if I'm lucky I'll be able to come out and help with the clean up. If I do show up I'll bring my 4'x7' trailer that has 20" sides on it. I guess I should get the front and back for the trailer built as well before saturday.

Where will we be hauling the junk to? Any more details would be appreciated.

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is a run and a cleanup. Although we really need to concentrate on the cleanup. I have 9:30 in my head too. I think that was the meeting time at Valley wide in Rexburg.

BRING RAKES!!!!!!!!!!! LEAF RAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
327 Posts
I thought 9:15 was the meeting time at Valley Wide Coop, and 9:30 was the time to arrive at the rock trail. Am I wrong?

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I recall 9:30 am or meet at Valleywide Coop a little earlier to caravan out there.

Yes, 9:15 at Valleywide and 9:30 at the trail. If you know your way to the trail there is no need to stop at Valleywide.

You want more info? Me too. Minutes of meetings would be nice so we aren't guessing.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Sorry, won't be able to make it as we have a wedding reception for my daughter that day. But it's a great thing to do.
sorry,
jack

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Our family had a great time. The weather was great too. Anyone who took pics please post up!

We filled a horse trailer, utility trailer and Eric's pickup! Thanks to eveyone who helped. The attendance wasn't the best though. Those that did come did a graet job. THANKS!!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Had a real good time and enjoyed meeting everyone. The rock trail is really worth the effort to keep open.
BTW, I ended up with a box of trash bags and some gloves in my Blazer that aren't mine. PM me with a description of the gloves and we'll work out how to get them back to you. We have a BLM office here in Poky. Should I just take the bags back there?

·
Registered
891 Posts
Heres a couple of pictures, between me popping the bead missing the last half of the run, and the memory on camera getting full, then the batteries dying. I didn't get nearly as many as hoped. I have some of me and one of Scott.:darn:

april 23 010.jpg

april 23 015.jpg

·
Registered
327 Posts
Dan's Great White looked like a shortbed to me. I dub it the Great White for the way it takes bites out of rocks with the hood, LOL. Or was it the rock that took the bite. Either way, it was very entertaining. I especially liked how he didn't do enough damage going by forward, so he had to back up to get it in reverse.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
blah, blah, blah, let's see some pics!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts