Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys there was talk about the rule book at the last meeting. I agree with some of the comments said there and I think the rule book needs a revamping. I think thing should be pretty spelled out, any suggestions on where I can find some samples of rule books, I have seen several on line and have a sample from UFWDA. But am looking for as many as I can find to bring to the next meeting. I assume we will have to form some type of commitee that is willing to put some extra work into this.

Man I had this all planned out in my head last night about 4 am now I cant even remember what I wanted to say.

I want suggestions for new rules modifications of old rules etc

I also think the rule book needs to be in binder form. Not so easy to add rules to the current rule book. Mac Wilson had this idea and I think it is a good idea.

Any suggestions or ideas are welcome say what you want on here

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Eric, please call Susan Dubois and ask her or Don for the copies they have from Boise. They have been around the block. Bill from Colorado also has some, he used to be that clubs president. He offered it to me. I think you have his number in the notes. We need to look at:
new member qualifications
taking away member status both how and why
voting proceedures and who is elibible for what offices. (time in club, participation, etc.)
Size of club

- keep in mind that what we just put together is what the club wanted, so no reason to totally re-invent the wheel.

How we bind it is totally flexible, but let's worry about what goes in it.

my quick .02

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Brad Bloxham would have good imput too. experience galore

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Boy, I need to gather my thoughts and post all at once, but after we get some ideas here, let's have an officers mtg.

·
Registered
423 Posts
broncoman said:
Boy, I need to gather my thoughts and post all at once, but after we get some ideas here, let's have an officers mtg.
You're just padding your post count

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
I liked the idea of like an Action Commitee or Deal With Trouble Commitee type of thing. Three people or so that could get together on short notice and deal with issues that do not need the entire clubs involvment.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
I think safety should be our #1 concern. As of late I have notices alot of people doing things I didn't feel real comfortable with. This is a 4x4 club and know one should ever have a life put in danger, or anyone elses life put in danger for that matter. I think that we also need to include some rules branching out into people towing their junk out to the trails, this could have a negative effect on the club as well. I mean no "unsafe" trailers, or towing a full size rig with a 1/2 ton truck or smaller. If something happened on the way to a club function, it could reflect negatively on the club.

I know one thing that every club that I have belonged to in the past has one strict rule.

Some sort of roll bar that protect the accupants in the "cab area" i.e. people in the front or rear seats, or a hard top.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
I like the "Three attempts" rule also. I have seen people gonzo obsticles wanting to make it and either holding up the group or breaking. I respect a person more who gives it a good shot and then goes around.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
73bronco said:
will I be invited to this one
Oh crap, I forgot you were on this forum!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Does anyone need a handbook? We need to read what we have and then make additions/subtractions. Rollbar idea is in there, but vauge. Etc. I have some if anyone needs one.

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
broncoman said:
We need to read what we have and then make additions/subtractions.
I think the rule book needs a major overhaul we need to split it up into sections and the such. Most larger clubs have this type of rule book. And from what I have gathered about different clubs we would be considered a large club.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts

·
Registered
2,986 Posts

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I will review it tonight. Thanks Matt

1 - 17 of 17 Posts