Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about rolling the Mud, Rock, Drivetrain, and suspension tech areas into Gen 4x4 and creating a Tow rig and camper area. The posts would be saved.

Thoughts? :deal:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
doah doah doah :scared: :angryfir: :angryfir:
why not creat a seperate tow forum? I think rolling those into one would be sort of counterproductive for he 4X4 oriented site that you have created..
just my .02 :finger: :finger:

·
Registered
695 Posts
I actually think that it may keep people from reading some of the posts. Mudders do not want to read about rock crawling and rock crawlers do not want to read about mudders. I think that as far as the suspension and drivetrain and all of that, that would be fine, it could just be called 4x4 tech or something general. It may also spark more flaming between mudders and rock crawlers especially since the two different groups have complete opposite ideas of what is considered a joke and what is to be taken seriously. Since there is no joking when it comes to tearing up the terrain unless it is in a closed course....TREAD LIGHTLY Y'ALL

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
I agree with TRD about the forums.
8)

But that is a cheap shot on the end. Most mudders respect the land and know what it means to protect areas. It is usually people that buy a truck and decided that they are invisible and can give a rats [email protected]@ about anything that destroy areas. I would think that anybody actually on this site doesn't fit in that category. Alot of mudders are also trail riders and prefer trails without 4 foot ruts tearing the crap out of it. Can we all just be friends?? If you want take the subject deeper start a new post in the general area.
8)

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, lets end the mud verses rock thing in this thread. That would be for another thread as was suggested.

What I would like to avoid is a bunch of different areas with low traffic. There is nothing worse then tons of catagories with no or low traffic. I think I will roll the tech ones together at least and open a Tow rig one. I really dont see a big deal about rolling the rock and mud areas into Gen 4x4, if anything it might help eleminate some of the segregation.

Thank you for the discussion so far. :thumb:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
183 Posts
i don't see the big deal with putting the mud and rocks in the general 4x4. it all start with general 4 wheeling and they just split off in their directions and evolved. :finger:

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, I rolled some stuff into each other. There is now one tech forum and I moved the General discussion up and some other stuff. I think its a little cleaner. I'll make a tow rig forum so I can whine about my 5th wheel hitch install I did last night. :thumb:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

1 - 9 of 9 Posts