Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know the one last month was cancelled. It said so on their website but it still lists last Sunday's race as scheduled. But I have heard they aren't having a good turn out because of them moving the races to Sundays. Bummer.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I never even knew the other one was cancelled. We didnt make this one either. I will hopefully be putting the motor back in the flat fender this week.

We should be good and ready for Pleasant Valley on the 29th. All I have to do is build the engine, fix the brakes and build a 4 link for the front.

ps found why the #3 cylinder wasnt working. To much to explain here but I messed up putting it together because the place I bought the stroker kit from sent the wrong rings.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glen, Chrysler rings won't work in a Bow Tie :rotfl:.

I assume the air bag issue was fixed with the work we did at the last race?

·
Registered
668 Posts
The air bags worked great in Soda. But then we didnt do any jumping. We are in the process of designing a 4 link for the front and when its installed we will run coils in the front and may change the rear air bags to coils also. We also didnt break any axles in Soda. I think going to moly axle shafts helped out.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Actually the rings would have been correct for a 454. Because the stroker has the wrist pin set so high, the oil rings run through the notch for the wrist pin. It takes a special thick ring or spacer to keep the light oil rings in place. I am sure the Dawg engine is the same way. Since this was my first big block stroker I didnt know the parts they sent had some items missing.:eek:

I thought it was strange when I pulled the heads off the exhaust valves were full of oil and even had oil dripping out of the headers.

Lucky enough the block is undamaged and may return next year, or get put in something else. Maybe build it as a back up motor. Maybe a 502 cid blown motor for the chevelle.:drive:

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Interesting that only #3 wasn't firing with all the rings not being right. I'm next to useless when it comes to building an engine. I haven't built one for many, many years. I'm lucky I remember how to set the valves :rotfl:.

By the time you're done with the suspension on the phlat phender it will be like a sunday drive down the autobauhn :thumb:.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Talked to Ron Lewis a little bit ago. He said they cancelled the rest of the races at Rock Creek. Doesnt look good for next year either. He is going to put his effort into Castleford and maybe one or two other races on that side of the state.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bummer :(. I wish they hadn't changed the races to Sundays.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts