Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone make it over to Kimberly for their race on Sunday? How'd it go?

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately, it was too far for us to go on a Sunday. Hope we can hit a couple of their other races.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Glen and I made it down to both the Filer race on Saturday and the Rock creek race on Sunday. It was fun hitting two races back to back, lucky enough both the CJ and the Willys held up real well. The race at the Filer fair grounds was a little less than desirable. They only had 3 classes Stock, Modified and Open. The pit was only 80ft long and about that much for shutdown if you didn't make it thru the gate out of the arena. We were classed in modified and didn't place in the top 3, we never did find out our times so not sure how we faired. The fee's for spectators was $20, $35 for racers and $20 pit passes. They did have a couple of "monster" trucks running over some cars.

Rock creek was a lot of fun. We were able to spread the word and drew some of the racers who showed up at Filer. The pit area was pretty full, not sure how many trucks there were but we raced side by side. There were some of the Modified trucks from the Soda springs area, we placed 2nd in MM class even beat Peron's Orange bronco, so we felt pretty good about that. And placed 2nd in PS.

We talked to the guys who had the open class cars in Filer and hopefully we can draw them to PVRW for the race on June 23rd.

All and all it was a good weekend. Looking forward to Richfield on the 9th.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Rock Creek race turned out pretty good. They had a little trouble with thier new light system but should have it worked out by the next race. Mark ended up with 2nd place in pro stock, should have been first but the lights conked out on another driver and he was allowed another pass after the pit was emtied out and beat mark by 2 tenths of a second. I got second in Mud Mod with the new Jeep beating out the elder Perone Bronco and second in Pro Mud getting beat by Ron Lewis by 1/2 second. ( Ron had trouble with his NOS. We ran NOS on our second Pro mud run and the engine ran like a champ.

Pretty good turn out I think. Must have been around 30 to 35 trucks and a decent crowd turn out.

Filer race was a little dissapointing, poorly organized and way too small of an area. The track was only 80 feet long with less than 100 feet shut down. The blower open guys could barley get started. But we had a chance to talk with some of the open class guys and invite them to Pleasant Valley race on the 23 of June.

Just to let everyone know Filer charged $35 for racers, $10 for non racers in pit, $ 20 for adult spectators and $10 for kids. Makes Pleasant Valley prices pretty reasonable.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wish we could have made it to RC. Sounds like you guys have the rigs dialed in. Cool :thumb: .

We are thinking about running over to Richfield. Do you have any info on the race there? Times, where it is, Etc. We've never been there.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Pretty sure its June 9 and I think it start around 4 pm. Not sure when tech opens. We are planning on going up on Friday evening for BBQ and such then maybe doing the parade sat morning, race in the afternoon then head home that evening. I need to fly out Sunday morning to pick up my daughter in Vegas so I wont be able to stay for the party Sat evening.

Richfield is pretty easy to find. Turn off at the Bliss/Gooding exit, go into Shoshone make a left at HWY 75 then right after the RR tracks and I think Richfield is about 10 miles or so down. Cant remember which highway its on. We have been there once and it was a blast, except blowing the motor up on the Willys. That wont happen again ( knock on wood ).

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just found out that ALL the mud races at Rock Creek have been moved to SUNDAYS. I assume it's the Sunday after their posted Saturday dates. I'm not sure of when the gates open, Mark & Glen - what time did they start at the last race?

·
Registered
875 Posts
Dang that seems like a bad idea. I'm sure allot of people will be bummed out to hear that. No one like to travel to far from home on a sunday.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Racing started last time around 1200. Seemed to have a pretty good turnout, more entries than the first two races last year that I attented. I think the races were finished by 4. We took our time washing the mud off the trucks and visited for awhile. Even with hanging out and stopping for dinner on the way home we were still back in Caldwell by 9.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Rock Creek has new rules for their classes and it now costs $30 per class to race. Here is a link to the rules: http://www.rockcreekracetrack.com/magic+valley+rules.pdf
or you can go to their web site, click on the Schedule page then click on the MUD title , then click on the Rules at the top.

Remember - they have changed all their races to Sundays. There is a race this coming Sunday

·
Registered
452 Posts
It looks like their rules are close to Soda's with a few changes. They added a Modified Stock and changed some of Super Stocks rules, mainly they changed #7 from "Street Legal: Lights, all glass and no cut bodies." BuBut they left the same requirements in Pro-stock:
#7 "Must be full bodied vehicles, all glass no gutted bodies."

Strange.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
This is what was emailed to me last night. I haven't compared it to what was posted on their web site yet. When I get a few minutes I'll compare.

EDIT: Hmmm didn't copy right. I'll try later.....

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We couldn't make it over Sunday. The family had stuff planned for Father's Day. Who went over?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts