Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
I guess I can't participate :roll: I don't meet the criteria for either class whistle No front locker, modified wheelbase, and my front axle is too wide :deal: I guess the Jeeper's didn't want to be embarrassed on "their" own turf :finger:

At least they got the prices right....

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
i'm out too....only class I can even fit in is super modified...I'm not even in the same league as those guys..all because of 38" tires.

·
Registered
213 Posts
if i get my truck done in time im gunna show up :thumb:
the bad news is i only can work on it one day out of the week :banghead:
and ill be in the modified stock class still 8)

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is Bill Taylor. You guys would complain about anything. Anybody can come and have fun. Classifications are for guidelines for fairness between rigs. All makes and models are welcome. Why don't you guys be positive about all this. Anything I try to do you guys want to complain and grip. If you have any questions about the Fun Krawl please give me a call at 989-4245. By the way the classifications are taken from Cal Rocs and WE Rock classifications not my idea or any Jeepers. Come on out and lets play. Happy Wheeling!!!!!

·
Registered
545 Posts
How a bout a girlie man wimp class, I think my cj would fit in there somewhere. Between the lock-rite in front and toasted track-loc in back, and not to mention the troubles I am having with low-range.
Heck I might have to see if I can get a day off from work and come participate.

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
hhhhhmmmmmmmmm!!!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Well, if I'm back by then I'll try to have the pile I call a jeep there. I still fit in the modified stock class too, maybe. That roll bar thing makes me wonder.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I am planning on being there! :thumb: I am like alot of you guys...way too modified to run in any but the top class but my COG is no where near the buggy's and stuff. I couldn't possibly care LESS! I have been building a house for the last few months and haven't got to do ANY wheeling since I can even remember, so I am going to have fun and no one is going to stop me!

I know I am going to suck at the competition thing but hey, I'm not in a points run or anything right.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Hey Bill or whoever is actually in charge. Do I have to pre-register or can I register at the event? I hope to find out tonight if I can get the time off to participate.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
can I get some clarification here?

rules said:
Frames-
1. Boxed, Semi boxed or unibody mainframe are approved.
2. Frame must be of ladder type mainframe.
3. No full or partial round tube mainframe rails.
does that mean no buggies?

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
muddinmike said:
can I get some clarification here?

rules said:
Frames-
does that mean no buggies?

Yeah, the guidelines look like they need a little revision. When I first found the event, I saw that there were three classes, now there looks to be some information missing. Mike you are in the same class as me, and the HBRK buggy, WHO CARES> bring it.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Hey Nate, if you look closely there are three classes. There is no space between the last line of the legends class and the title for the super modified class. I have a question I'm hoping maybe someone can answer.
Roll Bars/Cages-
1. OEM roll bars are approved
Does this mean if my roll bar is not factory stock I cannot compete in the modified stock class?

EDIT: Here are all the class guidelines setup to be a little easier to read.
Modified Stock Class

Axles-
1. Total track width of no more than 80” unless the proclaimed vehicle came wider from the factory. This is measured from the outside of the tire to the outside of the opposite tire.
2. IFS or solid axles are allowed.
3. No change of the OEM wheelbase is allowed.
4. Both differentials must use some form of locking device.

Frames-
1. All OEM frames are approved. All frames must meet OEM configuration.
2. Frame reinforcement is approved.

Roll Bars/Cages-
1. OEM roll bars are approved.

Tires-
1. All factory built tires from any manufacturer.
2. Tire size limit is 35” or the metric equivalent, by sidewall designation.

Legends Class

Axles-
1. All axles widths are approved.
2. Differentials must have some form of 100% locking abilities

Frames-

Roll Bars/Cages-
1. OEM roll bars are approved. Six point mounting cages covering the driver are recommended.

Tires-
2. Maximum tire size of 37” is allowed by sidewall reading

Super Modified Class

Axles-
1. All axle widths are approved.
2. Differentials must have some form of 100% locking abilities.

Frames-
1. Tubing, boxed, or semi boxed mainframes are approved.

Roll Bars/Cages-
1. Six point mounting cages covering the driver are required.
2. OEM bars are approved for a portion of the roll cage.

Tires-
2. No limit on tire size.
What I gather from this, Mike, buggies are only allowed in the super modified class.

·
Registered
374 Posts
rock crawl

The listed rules for the classes are from events that are sanctioned and are mostly to be viewed as a guide. You must the have the safety equipment, helments etc but as far as tire size and wheelbase and type of frame....if it is safe, BRING IT.

I will be one of the tech. inspectors....we will find a class for everyone that fits as best as we can so everyone can come and break their junk :thumb:

Come on out and join the fun...that's what it is, for fun, not for the "championship of the free world" or anything.

That will be in Las Vegas and by invitation only I think!!

jT

1 - 20 of 30 Posts