Ok here is a list from the bylaws.....

1. Valid Driver's License
2. Minimum Liability insurance
3. Tow strap, tow rope, or a working winch
4. Secure anchor/tow points front and rear
5. Safety Harnesses or Seat Belts
6. A functional jack capable of lifting the vehicle
7. Either a hand held radio, or preferably a CB radio
8. Functional headlights, tail lights, and brake lights. Or with a non street legal rig, forward facing lights, and a minimum of a rear red reflector
9. First Aid Kit
10. Fire Extinguisher
11. Shovel

Please have all the requirements met for the meeting. This list is compiled so as to keep everyone safe and to be able to make sure that every rig is safe and able to get off the trail.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
STREET LEGAL that is a debatble issue.. :roll: :roll:
Just an idea but making a spare tire a requirment would probably be good too.

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
10-4

·
Registered
883 Posts
Lumpdog said:
Ah, yes, wonder why we did not think about a spare tire???

So add that to the list. You don't have to have a street legal rig to go wheel it off road, basically all we want is to make sure you have some sort of lights so that if we don't get back till after dark, we are covered
Read the recommended section, a spare tire is there..

After the fact though..

·
Registered
530 Posts
quick???? for ya.Since i prefer to remain "clubless" and ride with everyone and club,and I know I'll be expected to at least meet the requirments of said club riding with that day
i'm in a dilemia on wiether to green sticker or plate my next junk.You mention "does not have to be street legal" but #2 on your list states minium liability insurance.How does that work out?I'm leaning towards plates an bare bones insurance,since the blaze ran me 96 bucks for 6 months,figure thats a reasonable fee to choke up.anywhooooooo

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Let me know your progress on the Green Sticker. I tried to go that way and was shot down. I was told that the Sticker was for Moto Bikes and 4 wheelers only. I tried to say that I had built a buggy to run in the sand. They said all I would need would be a flag for the dunes but that it would not work anywhere else.

I gave in a bought plates since I do go down the road now and then.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Hey just my .02 When I moved up here I went the MVD and the lady there told me as long as the numbers on the vehicle match the numbers on the title they don't care. She told me if I want to temp the cops that was my problem. I got plates for the truck, and went ahead and got the the insurance just to cover my azz if someone hit me on a dirt road or somethin'.

·
Registered
530 Posts
that was my concern with plating it,pulling up with the rig on a trailer and th eperson seeing a half tubed out,full width axles under a mini truck/4runner,44" tires sticking out 15" off the body with hardly any street legalness about it,and laughing bout trying to get plates for it when they come verify the vin.Even though most people working at the DMV dont know the laws or care(been my impression,registering the blazer),but the lil itty bitty office in Owyhee county,my luck the sherrif would come out to inspect my rig :finger:
think my best bet,is to just haul it in on the trailer sitting on the frame,no motor,etc prior to any building and register it that way. :finger:

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I thought a Sheriff had to inspect the VIN only if it was from out of state. If the title is an Idaho title and it was registered in Idaho all you have to do is go in and register it. Ada county might be different because of their smog stuff. But I thought the rest of the counties were uniform in how they did this. After all it is state laws they are enforcing.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Welp your more then likely correct.I was basing this off of registering both the blazer and my dodge,which were out of state,and they came out and inspected the rigs VIN.
Well hells bells then,if thats the case and their not even coming outside to look at it,fawk em GAME AWWWWWWWWWWN :finger:

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
I will let you know how this goes in about 2 weeks. That is when I am taking my bucket down to get it registered.

·
Registered
530 Posts
:thumb: sounds good brutha,keep us in the "know"

·
Registered
883 Posts
The bylaws RE: insurance and street legal rigs were created MAINLY protect the vehicles and owners in case of any mishappening on the trails. And yes Chris is correct, WWOR is following the motor vehicles laws of Idaho. which / and REQUIRE MIN. LIAB. Insurance...

So what does that tell ya... If it moves, legally registered, etc.. GAME ON, HOWEVER HAVE MIN. LIABILITY INSURANCE TO COVER YOUR VEHICLES, and selves should any thing happen... The club did not want people BITCHING at one another and guests, if they were REAR ENDED or something that would cause carnage by another VEHICLE, PERSON etc... This is called being PROACTIVE.

Lets see who was at that meeting, Chris & Shane Both... However, this must have slipped your minds.. :deal:

In any case... KEEP IT REAL... :thumb:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Maybe I missed a post,or am slightly handicapped in the melon,but i dont think that answered the question!Or answered it in Barney terms for me to understand
You stated "If it moves,LEGALLY REGISTERED,etc..GAME ON,just have liablity"
So what aboot buggys?most insurance wont insurance a rig unless its registered which cant be done without a vin number, etc,.And if they wont insure it because its not an atv,or sand rail then folk cant attend an WWOR run in a buggy or non street legal/un registerable rig? :?

Twisted jack or anyone looked into a special construction,home built,open wheeled vehicle registration?even though the insurance tripples,or humungously rapes for said "special construction rigs not to mention pay to have an asscessor come out to appraise.
TwistedJack,keep me up to par if you dont mind on your endeavers :thumb:

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
Will do I will be hammering that issue out next week.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts