Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

These are the "Chevy style" conical washers right? Any tips for pulling the arm? It seems to have set itself in there pretty well. Thanks.

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
i normally, beat the hell out of the arm, this should loosend the conical washers enough, then i tap a small screwdriver in the slot in the washers, this will release the pressure on the stud, then grab them with pliers and pull the cone up and off.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I thought, these knuckles are so rare I just didnt' want to destroy them doing it the wrong way.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now that's scary, I hope mine's not that bad. It's been soaking in liquid wrench since I started this thread. I'm about to give it another try...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe the 10lb sledge isn't enough? Those suckers aren't budging. I tried heat too, just about singed the ball joint boot and still nothing. I don't see how a puller of any kind could get a grip on both sides of the thing unless I notched it out which I may end up doing. For now I'm letting it soak overnight. The nuts that held it on weren't very tight at all, can't imagine how those washers got sucked down in there so tight...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had to release the stock draglink TRE by hitting down on the arm, the nuts were off then I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone. We'll see though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts