Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
posting this up to get some of the pros and cons of adding a Remote start and an alarm system to my 84K5 Blazer also any brands out there better then others....

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I didn't think you could put a remote start on a carbed vehicle? My remote start was running outside in a bathroom at -25*, starting up the truck and sticking the ice scraper between the gas pedal and seat so it'd stay running. :rotfl:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Yeah, it would be a little tough to pump the gas peddle remotely to get it going. Unless you have a really good carb that you don't have to do that with.

I want one for my truck though. It would be really handy in the morning. I could start my truck while I'm getting dressed and not have to wait for it to warm up after I'm ready to go.

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah the guy who said he can install it can make it crank as many times as needed to start and it will start normaly but if you pump her once, it normaly kicks right over.... and if i plug it in every night it fires right up.... any one no of any good units to use???

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Dunno. I was thinking of putting a setup in my truck that had the turbo timer and remote locks.

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
do you guys also whine about having to get out and lock yer hubs in????

life is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo hard!!!!!

:thumb:
I want one too!!!!!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no thats why they make auto locking hubs.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts