Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I'll be heading to Mt. Home this summer from Alaska.
Hope I can get some intel on the housing market down there and some areas that are good to live in. Whats are houses going for down there, 3 bedroom? Places to avoid?

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
WELCOME!!!!!!!:thumb: :thumb: :drive: :drive: :drive: :drive:

GOOD LUCK WITH THE MOVE!!!

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
I got my Manufactured home with 3br/2bath built in 1996 and 13 acres for 105K two years ago.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lehi said:
I got my Manufactured home with 3br/2bath built in 1996 and 13 acres for 105K two years ago.
Thats a nice chunk of property for that price!

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Your coming here too? It's not even funny how many AK people are here. Look at a parking lot on base, out of 50 cars 10-15 have AK plates on them. Just in Ammo, we have 11 or 12 guys that I was stationed with at Elmendorf at on time or another.

Just today one of the loaders was asking me how it was going etc. I didn't even know who the hell he was, but he remembered me from Elmendorf.

Yeah the houses are a bit cheaper, though keep in mind that your paycheck get's cut by a good amount when you leave AK. I lost about $600 a month by moving here.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nate said:
Your coming here too? It's not even funny how many AK people are here. Look at a parking lot on base, out of 50 cars 10-15 have AK plates on them. Just in Ammo, we have 11 or 12 guys that I was stationed with at Elmendorf at on time or another.

Just today one of the loaders was asking me how it was going etc. I didn't even know who the hell he was, but he remembered me from Elmendorf.

Yeah the houses are a bit cheaper, though keep in mind that your paycheck get's cut by a good amount when you leave AK. I lost about $600 a month by moving here.
Yep, I'm going to miss the COLA!:(
It should about even out though with the lower cost of living, lower car insurance, and void of the AK markup. I will be able to order parts again without the huge shipping costs. :thumb:
Have you heard of the 726 ACS? I don't see anything on the base site about it.

·
Registered
883 Posts
ranger said:
Looks like I'll be heading to Mt. Home this summer from Alaska.
Hope I can get some intel on the housing market down there and some areas that are good to live in. Whats are houses going for down there, 3 bedroom? Places to avoid?
Why MH, there ain't CHIT there.. Ohh Wait... Lots of wind and sagebrush...
Welcome!!

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Yeah, pretty much. :darn:

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
there is plenty of wheeling out here in Idaho though, you will get a kick outta it for sure. Make sure to hit the Owyhees with us some time.

Oh yeah, smog is nothing out here. Nothing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts