Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soo.. I have been thinking about this.., that a minium requirment for vehicles in a club should have rear deflector tape.. not lights....

I don't care either way, BUT... Wanted to know the PROS and CONS for each.. and all of your thought on this..

And want to be the first to say, If I am in my RIG, wheeling, trying to get over a rock, looking out the side of my door, or whatever, and a vehicle in front of ME STOPS, and I don't know it, BECAUSE THEY DON'T have REAR LIGHTING of some kind, and my STINGER RAMS UP THE ASS END of there VEHICLE, TOO BAD, don't come whining to me that I damaged your vehicle... BECAUSE ITS IN THE BYLAWS... Shoulda had LIGHTS..

Now I know Tape is reflective, but when my ROCK LIGHTS are on, you can't see a REFLECTION, so to speak..

Soo... Give me your thoughts!!

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
go away troll :finger:

lights would be better but you fools with the full tube chassis's it seems pointless.

and if you cant see the rig in front of you you need to set down the bottle of crown and get off the trail :finger:

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
I think a trail only rig should be exempt from lights. As long as ther is something for nighttime like rocklights.

Mike has a good point. :finger:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:finger: LMAO..

I don't have a FULL TUBE CHASIS.. My rig is street legal....

I simply want to know others opinions on this.. I have freeking lights, all around, and UNDER my rig.. I am asking for pro's and cons.. Not OPINIONS..

Thx for your OPINION..

:beer:

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
allusee said:
:finger: LMAO..

I simply want to know others opinions on this.......... I am asking for pro's and cons.. Not OPINIONS..

Thx for your OPINION..

:beer:

put down the crown :finger:

and by the way its REflector tape no DEflector tape :finger:

whats it deflecting? I think it reflects light.................

BTW where's my crock pot :finger:

Is the shit gettin deep in here?

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
I think she's trying to DEflect you MIKEY!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :beer:

My thoughts, if you plan on doing night runs, put some sort of rear facing red lamp, only takes a few minutes to do.

If you mainly think you will be doing day runs, and might get caught on the way back to the trailer after dusk, then reflective tape would be ok, but a light would be better and is cheap.

Not really any different that any other safety things to have on a rig like tow strap, first aid kit, fire extinguisher, etc.......

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Drinking has NOTHING at all to do with it.. (and for the record, I DON'T DRINK CROWN)

Mikey.... Get your ass over here and get it... I DON'T DELIVER!! Its where YOU left it... (OH I DID CLEAN IT FOR YOU THOUGH) Seriously though let me know when you wanna come get it...

I'm not DE / RE flecting ANYONE... LOL

BACK on TRACK.. Re / De Whatever, its all the same shit!! I have NEVER heard of this tape, and NEVER see it on a RIG period.. I have been wheeling for YEARS, and NOT ONE VEHICLE I have seen in my travels has this TAPE... I simply wanted to know the Pro's and Con's.. in using tape vs Lights.. WHY? Because my lights in the REAR sometimes blow out, and I don't know it, and would like to POSSIBLE PUT SOME OF THIS RE / DE Flective Tape on my RIG..

Not that I NEED to explain my self to you all.. :finger:

You all make me laugh!! :beer: :beer:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
allusee said:
I have NEVER heard of this tape, and NEVER see it on a RIG period.. I have been wheeling for YEARS, and NOT ONE VEHICLE I have seen in my travels has this TAPE...
Look on 18 wheeler trailers. Most of them have it on the sides along the bottom edge and on the back corners.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
you never see it on a 4x4 rig beacuse its GAY.

REflective tape is for old people and mailboxes thats it :deal:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts