Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Just raised my gas tank lastnight :thumb: . It's a little over two inches higher now. That was not fun :banghead: , but well worth it :mrgreen: . I have a first generation 4Runner, so if anyone needs advice on how to do it just drop a line. Yes there is some cutting and welding involved :scared: , so be prepared before you start. Later.

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
pics would be nice as well....Hey AJ your a whore....

AJ...steve cut the rear crossmember that holds the spare tire out of his, added a new crossmember at the rear of the frame, used a 20 gallon tank from an S-10 blazer....just some food for thought

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
hey Custom... yer mom is my #1 customer...:flipoff:
tell Steve to post up some pics...I wanna see how it looks.

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
well other than adding a skid plate to it yet it looks pretty good. I'll have him post up some pics fer ya...

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
Ill get the pics up soon, basically added a box tube across rear of frame, then added one the right distance in front of it for the fuel tank. I added straps across the top of the box tube, and going underneath it similar to a ford rear tank setup. It worked great for me, the tank was from a tbi s-10, I put in the 350 pump and ran the lines up to the tbi 350 I have. Not that im using them, but the way the s-10 tank is shaped it allows me to use the factory shock mounts if i want. It also adds the fuel filler to the driver side rear quarter panel. No more walking around it at the gas pump.

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
:smokin: he's smokin somethin the idea basically came from the rear tank on a ford, or same idea as a blazer, etc.....yeah cuz my yard is littered with dead fords prolly did contribute some....its all custom's crap :lame: lol

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
well, I'm liking the idea of an s10 tank, seeing as i'm putting an S10 engine in!
what year of blazer did you use?
was your rig already EFI, or was it carbed? I'm wondering how I can wire up a fuel pump relay for the TBI pump.

PICS SOON! :flipoff:

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
my motor is tbi 350 from 93 chevy truck, also used the wiring harness, computer, guages, and steering column. the tank was from and 86 s-10 blazer with the tbi 4 cyl. so I just swapped to the 350 pump, plugged in the wires, and had all the ports for my filler, vent, supply, and return lines

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
what type of fuel line did you run up to the engine? TBI only needs 14 PSI, give or take a couple of PSI, so it isn't critical.

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
Only temporary, i ran 3/8" goodyear rubber line, but after how easy doing all my hardlines were for my brakes, im gonna run a 3/8 hardline for the majority of the distance. pics are taken just gotta upload

Apologies for hijaking this thread as well

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
this shows the cap

rear crossmember, bolts are long to allow tank to be sucked up, also note my shackle hangers are at very rear of stock frame.

side view

corner of tank that cuts back to clear shock mount on passenger side

This gives me about 3/4" for clearance above the lines on top the tank, I also have a 2" body lift

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry I answered so long guys. Been in & out. I'll some pics and write it up this weekend. Or you could check out Roger Brown's site for some ideas.

·
Premium Member
3,809 Posts
4x4ever said:
Sorry I answered so long guys. Been in & out. I'll some pics and write it up this weekend. Or you could check out Roger Brown's site for some ideas.
still waiting:thumb:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts