Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the day has come that I finally put my white chevy down to the ground. I bought and 88 blazer frame and body, and decided to downsize in wheelbase and rebuild the blaze while dismantling my dear old truck. Saturday morning I drove my truck to the shop, and had the blazer sitting on the floor. Kurt, Greg, and my cousing Kirk all came down for a long weekend of helping me (look in the pics and see who's REALLY working!).

Here's a few shots of the blazer and truck to start with on Saturday morning.

And here's a few shots of the work that had to be done. Had to remove the front axle and springs, rear springs, rear spring hangers, and the engine from the blazer. Removed everthing from the truck and put it all in the blazer.

We got everything swapped over by the end of Sunday and I drove the Blazer home. It still has no rear driveshaft, and I have to take it over to the exhaust shop to finish having the truck exhaust shortened, but it runs great and it is fuel injected now! So the blaze now has:

1994 5.7, 700r4, 205, dana 44 and 12 bolt with 4.56, 35's, dual Orbital batteries, modded TBI and adjustable fuel pressure reg, 4" lift, rear ORD brackets, dual crossmembers with skid plate, stainless flex brake lines, 140 amp alternator...... Still have to mount the winch and bumper, and cut the rear body panels for the rear bumper.

And here is the last shot of my truck before it goes to the scrapyard........It brings a tear to my eye not to have my trusty old truck anymore, I have had it a along time.............. doah

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Wow!

You guys got busy! Sad to see the truck go. I remember you actually using it down in Twin unlike some others.

I'll never forget you going over that rock! :thumb:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
397 Posts
holy shit you did in two days what we did in four weeks gotta give credit where credit is due nice JOB :thumb: :thumb:

Why the 35's and not 38's :scared:

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am going to sell the headache rack, 6 lights, led brake light, and tool box as a package deal for $100, first come, first serve, I have a lot of locals that wanted it, but no one has ponied up the cash.

As far as the back window goes, got one when I got the blaze, so it's a no problemo.

BUT, the slider side window is broken, so I need to find one of those, but it's not like the thing will have the top on it much longer until fall anyways!

Thanks for the compliments!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sandman said:
Wow!

You guys got busy! Sad to see the truck go. I remember you actually using it down in Twin unlike some others.

I'll never forget you going over that rock! :thumb:

I like to tell the story of the UNLOCKERED longbed on 4" and 35's wheeling behind the BUILT rigs, I may not be as graceful, but I made it through almost everything I tried without breaking, tweaking a little metal, but no broken parts, with a lot of guys looking at me like I was crazy for not taking the easy way!

I am hoping to give the blaze a little easier life, my jeep is close to being done, but I don't like to say no to an obstacle.......My motto has always been I didn't bring it to sit and watch!

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Yeah, I was surprised to learn that you didnt have any lockers. I thought you had a least a rear one for the places you were getting through.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Chris
I am pretty sure you know where I live???? If not exit 90 on frontage rd. Callme on a time to pick-up or you drop off the package deal. Cash or check your choice.
Lehi

590-2722

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
530 Posts
Chris,your more then welcome to come steal a window out of my hardtop,hell while your bullshitting,you can have the window for free if you take the WHOLE top,just come pick it up,and bring the torx socket to remove it,or saz-all,hacksaw,etc..I am just going to sazall the bolt heads,but wont have time prior to leaving for NV :thumb:

Heading down to Fallon,NV for work this sunday,be gone til the 17th,so if you come tween then,i'll just give my pops a heads up prior so he doesnt start sending rounds uphill atcha :thumb:
That is if you want the junk.

Sent ya a PM as well

·
Registered
97 Posts
Shit!!! And to think, I'm looking for a frame and body to put an engine/tranny/t-case/axles under.... *sniff* Shame.

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
RockPunk said:
Chris,your more then welcome to come steal a window out of my hardtop,hell while your bullshitting,you can have the window for free if you take the WHOLE top,just come pick it up,and bring the torx socket to remove it,or saz-all,hacksaw,etc..I am just going to sazall the bolt heads,but wont have time prior to leaving for NV :thumb:

Heading down to Fallon,NV for work this sunday,be gone til the 17th,so if you come tween then,i'll just give my pops a heads up prior so he doesnt start sending rounds uphill atcha :thumb:
That is if you want the junk.

Sent ya a PM as well

sounds good! I will give ya a jingle and let ya know when I can come and get it........ pm'd ya back too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts