Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
II’m looking onto an 85 yota with the EFI. It’s currently getting oil in the radiator. At first glance I wrote this off as a bad head gasket or cracked head. (what seems to be a common prob when rebuilding with cheap gaskets) But got to thinking, wouldn’t a bad head/gasket be putting coolant into the oil since the cooling system would be on the high pressure side? There’s quite a bit of oil in the radiator. Am I missing something or am I looking into the problem too much and it’s just a bad gasket/head. I figured the coolant in the oil was true for most engines with a bad head/gasket, but wanted to double check on the oil in the radiator issue before jumping into a new project head first. Thanks!

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
As far as the death od my toyota....My 22re was pumping about a gallon of antifreeze into the oil every 100 miles. I never saw any in the radiator tho. Sounds to me like a head gasket, fairly common on the 22re's.

·
Registered
198 Posts
So did you go ahead and buy the Yota? I see you called tonight but I was out for dinner.

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lumpdog said:
it is very feasible that a coolant passage and the pressurized oil passage have connected.
Sounds good, but in my mind, this means, bad head gasket, cracked head, cracked block, and I'm hopeing it's the first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts